Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
boostin'!!
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be purchasing the header tomorrow, and I WILL be welding a hiflow cat on it. My question is is that cat going to keep me from my goal. I want to be over 200 WHP with bolt ons and KPRO. I want 200+ before I go to cams and I am afraid that this cat is going to kill me. for you guys who havent seen the dyno for the header here it is http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=314071 Thanks for any opinions :thumbsup:
 

·
Monsters of the Midway
Joined
·
15,106 Posts
^^I would only trust third party dyno's and I'd rather go with DCRH or Comptech instead.

Forget the cat, put your cat cover over the race header if you're worried about the popo
 

·
boostin'!!
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How bad is the smell without the cat though?
 

·
boostin'!!
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K20A2_S said:
^^I would only trust third party dyno's and I'd rather go with DCRH or Comptech instead.

Forget the cat, put your cat cover over the race header if you're worried about the popo
And Im glad that you responded, because I wanted to see how this header would fair with a street SC. thanks for the info :thumbsup:
 

·
Fuk-u-do-me
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
slow-s said:
How bad is the smell without the cat though?

i think it smells good lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,168 Posts
You dont ever smell it unless you come to a quick stop or the wind is blowing from the back to the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,605 Posts
I'm going to order the hardcore header with the cat in a couple months. I can't wait for your review. I spoke to mikey at hardcore about the 4-1 with a cat and he said factoring in a 5 hp loss with the cat, with kpro and bolt ons he expects high 190's for hp. If you wanted to get over 200, I would think the hondata gasket would make up for the 5 hp and put you over 200. Don't listen to this anti-cat guys, a cat doesn't hurt hp that much and it is less stressful, less foul, and better for the environment. Running catless is irresponsible.
 

·
!!!Master Member!!!
Joined
·
5,968 Posts
If you want something in 190's why not just go with CAI, Exhaust + Hondata #4 and gasket. I got 195whp off that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,782 Posts
Jarobata said:
I'm going to order the hardcore header with the cat in a couple months. I can't wait for your review. I spoke to mikey at hardcore about the 4-1 with a cat and he said factoring in a 5 hp loss with the cat, with kpro and bolt ons he expects high 190's for hp. If you wanted to get over 200, I would think the hondata gasket would make up for the 5 hp and put you over 200. Don't listen to this anti-cat guys, a cat doesn't hurt hp that much and it is less stressful, less foul, and better for the environment. Running catless is irresponsible.

I used to feel the same way, so I bought a high flow cat. It's been sitting on my garage floor for almost 2 years.
 

·
VTAK very serious!
Joined
·
2,603 Posts
^lol no cat wot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,605 Posts
Glimpse said:
I used to feel the same way, so I bought a high flow cat. It's been sitting on my garage floor for almost 2 years.
What's your point? Are you saying you're lazy or you decided you didn't want a cat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,639 Posts
Glimpse said:
I used to feel the same way, so I bought a high flow cat. It's been sitting on my garage floor for almost 2 years.

hahaha

I never felt any guilt not running a cat. Maybe i'm a bad person. :( :p


The smell ist really that bad. If you are on it and hard and come to a complete stop pretty quickly, you will smell a little unburnt fuel. Doesnt bother me...just makes me think im in a go-cart. :driving: hahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,782 Posts
Jarobata said:
What's your point? Are you saying you're lazy or you decided you didn't want a cat.
I decided it really didn't matter. I've seen our cars on the sniffer with a race header, and emissions are still significantly lower than the legal limits and most other cars on the road.

Sure, it sucks to be contributing to pollution, but loose EPA regulations with respect to the trucking industry, powerplants, and industrial plants hurts more than an RSX with a RH.
 

·
Central PA's Finest...
Joined
·
7,590 Posts
Glimpse said:
I decided it really didn't matter. I've seen our cars on the sniffer with a race header, and emissions are still significantly lower than the legal limits and most other cars on the road.

Sure, it sucks to be contributing to pollution, but loose EPA regulations with respect to the trucking industry, powerplants, and industrial plants hurts more than an RSX with a RH.
:iamwiths: werd.

Brian, how do you get away w/ emissions in PA w/ a RH? Do you just swap your stock one back on, or do you know a cool mechanic?
 

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
Why do people want the 4-1 header over the 4-2-1 header???

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=316101
Here is the comparison between our 4-1 and 4-2-1
Mods on the car
Injen CAI
H.A. 2.5" Cat-back Exhaust
50lb 17" tire/wheel setup
The Tri-Y 4-2-1 design makes soo much more midrange power.
I guess it all depends on your application, but this is an N/A forum.
-Jalal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
MJ23FE said:
Why do people want the 4-1 header over the 4-2-1 header???

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=316101

The Tri-Y 4-2-1 design makes soo much more midrange power.
I guess it all depends on your application, but this is an N/A forum.
-Jalal

For those that want a cat, the HA 4-1 is the only one that has a cat option. The HA 4-2-1 is not available with a cat option.
 

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
TOMstir62 said:
For those that want a cat, the HA 4-1 is the only one that has a cat option. The HA 4-2-1 is not available with a cat option.
Ah ok, thats why the pipe leading to the collector was so long on the 4-1.

Why not buy the H.A. 4-2-1, and have a cat welded into the custom exhaust you can have H.A. build for you? Care to comment on this idea Mikey?
-Jalal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
jstarry37 said:
:iamwiths: werd.

Brian, how do you get away w/ emissions in PA w/ a RH? Do you just swap your stock one back on, or do you know a cool mechanic?
Ya. In NY we have yearly inspections and I don't think i could get away without a cat. That's why i am particularly interested in the HA 4-1 with cat.

My only other option is the ITR 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 and switching the spoon 2-1 out with the ITR 2-1 cat for inspection. I could get a RH and swap the stock header and downpipe for inspection but only having to replace a 2-1 downpipe is alot easier.
 

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
TOMstir62 said:
Ya. In NY we have yearly inspections and I don't think i could get away without a cat. That's why i am particularly interested in the HA 4-1 with cat.

My only other option is the ITR 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 and switching the spoon 2-1 out with the ITR 2-1 cat for inspection. I could get a RH and swap the stock header and downpipe for inspection but only having to replace a 2-1 downpipe is alot easier.
Yeah, NY sucks with that shit... same with PA.
Here in Jersey, new cars get inspected once ever 4 years. Doesnt help you if you got an older car though.
-Jalal
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top