Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trading in my base for a EVO 8. I couldnt decide if i wanted a WRX or a Type S and was struggling with which to get. Then i drove by the Mitsu dealership and saw the evo and stopped in. Well they took me on a test drive and showed me what that thing could do and i just about shit my pants. I wasnt really excited about the interior but the looks and everything else have me. Hopefully the deal will go through and monday i will be signing the papers :thumbsup: By the end of the week i should have some pics up :laughing:

·
Registered
237 Posts
it's your big bucks but should've bought an STi.....had to say it sorry

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
capt._Crash said:
it's your big bucks but should've bought an STi.....had to say it sorry
:iamwiths:

ya dude, i love the evo and all dont get me wrong, but for the price they give? you could just get an sti. faster, more reliable, and interior is a little bit better imo, but still plain. my friend was in your situation actually, he just got his sti. he was between the evo & sti, drove both, and of course, sti came out the winner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good choice man! I just traded my Type-S in this weekend for an Evo. It's just sick. The turbo is like VTEC X 10 and available whenever you want it.

What do you mean the dealer "took you" for a test drive though? You drove it right? Damn my dealer kept telling me to push it harder and told me to take a 90 degree turn at about 80 mph. Kept saying, come on, it's a racecar, come on. LOL.

The interior is pretty much crap, other than the seats, which are sweet. The radio is a joke too. I already have two annoying rattles coming from somewhere in there. All that annoyance just fades away as soon as you tap the accelerator though.

STi or Evo, Evo or STi. I guess it just comes down to what you want. Slightly faster in a straight line or slightly faster in the twisties.

Good luck on Monday.

-nurb2-

6,327 Posts
man, go for what ya like...EVO or STi,you wont be disapponted,more power on your slready powerful whip :thumbsup: ,now get outta this site,you're making most of us look bad.

·
Registered
235 Posts
congrats man. one of my next cars.....after college and all, lol. forget those people telling u to get the sti; they're both awesome, and u can't go wrong either way. i know i'd have a heck of a problem deciding, but they're both hella faster than the base rsx, lol. have fun, and if u're ever in the area, how about a test drive?? :p

·
Registered
547 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a nice upgrade from the RSX. My friend just got an Sti, and while it's not my kind of car, it was pretty sweet. Have fun

·
Registered
214 Posts
hmm...ya know I'll never own another mitsubishi. their paint is garbage and their components are cheap. one look at the interior will tell ya that. its actually been almost 10 years since Ive given any mitsubishi a second glance...have they made any improvements in the past 10 years?

ditto with toyota and lexus any chrysler product.. complete low-qual garbage.

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
The more I hear about the Evo makes me want to go back to the dealer and get one. I got approved and was going to get a new black one but I got engaged and had to buy a ring a little less than a month ago. Now I have the down payment again and I'm seriously contemplating getting an Evo. I drove the Evo and Sti and honestly the Evo impressed me more and the seats were more comfortable than the Sti. Also like has already been mentioned it comes with a radio.

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well sorry guys, thanks for the support on the choice but i got there and changed my mind at the last minute...they wanted too much for the car and im not willing to have a 6 year $459 a month payment on a used one. I left the dealership all depressed and made myself happy by stopping at acura and buying a lip kit for my RSX. Im just gonna refinance my RSX and drop my downpayment onto the loan so i have less to pay :) I didnt really want a mitsu anyways...but wow is that EVO fast let me tell you.

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
stick to your base.............................................................for comutting..hehe...maybe next time..don't give up..=)

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
its funny how everyone is trying to tell you what to do.. haha
I am also trying to get an evo 8 myself, but im not sure yet.. let me know what you got for you car.. And for the STI guys the Evo has alot more top end..

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
beatred said:
hahah I love how ppl tell u what u should have bought...

evos r awesome... hope everything works out for u man.
That's a nice ass red RSX you got there. I'd never imagine a red RSX with the cwest front bumper would look that good. Do you have more pictures of it?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts