Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AEM CAI wiht no bypass vavle i was driving in heavy rain
and i didnt go in a huge puddle or anything but some how water got into my egine casuing it to stall i thought i was done for i thought i hae conpletley hydrolocked however in about 10 mini got the engine to turn over. the cause may have been i just sucked up alittle water but enought ot he ECU to stallmeout......
I am thinking baout a bypass vavle now but i have heard they cut out all the gains seen wihte the cold air function
doesthe byass vavle cuts the power from the CAI or not, i have hard both ways
any Info suggestions would help
i live in FL also so its rains alot
thank you
PLease HELP
GReg~ :dontknow:

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Subtropicx said:
I have an AEM CAI wiht no bypass vavle i was driving in heavy rain
and i didnt go in a huge puddle or anything but some how water got into my egine casuing it to stall i thought i was done for i thought i hae conpletley hydrolocked however in about 10 mini got the engine to turn over. the cause may have been i just sucked up alittle water but enought ot he ECU to stallmeout......
I am thinking baout a bypass vavle now but i have heard they cut out all the gains seen wihte the cold air function
doesthe byass vavle cuts the power from the CAI or not, i have hard both ways
any Info suggestions would help
i live in FL also so its rains alot
thank you
PLease HELP
GReg~ :dontknow:
I think your car is worth a lot more than whatever the extra gains\losses realized with the intake setup......

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
think you should prob invest in a SRI or a V2. you prob ran thru some water and didn't even realize it.

you'd think by now AEM or Injen would make a CAI with a bypass option that doesn't suck up the gains. I know it's not hard. just they haven't done it yet.. it's wierd.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
krystar said:
you'd think by now AEM or Injen would make a CAI with a bypass option that doesn't suck up the gains. I know it's not hard. just they haven't done it yet.. it's wierd.
the bypass valves that are out now are pretty much pointless anyways. unless you hit water2-3feet deep, the its just gonna go all up your exhaust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts