Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was a newb, yes, and ove reager, yes, and yanked on this part when i was taking off the stock air box. I know i need a new part and was wondering what your suggestions are, or if you know what it is called, does, or where to best find it at.

Attachments

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
I did the same thing... :rotfl:

Just put something in the intake and tape it so it doesnt come out, and tape up the hole on that vacuum hole you made

but eventually get it replaced I guess

·
cheaa....
346 Posts
hahhah funny thing i was replacing my aem cai to my injen cai last week and my friend wanted to help. yea he just wanked it out and it broke similar to yours. all i did was get super glue and glue it back on there. its been on for like week now.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
hahhah funny thing i was replacing my aem cai to my injen cai last week and my friend wanted to help. yea he just wanked it out and it broke similar to yours. all i did was get super glue and glue it back on there. its been on for like week now.
Hmm, not a bad idea

I wonder if superglue will hold mine on, mine left a jagged edge sorta piece

Ill just superglue, and wrap it in tape :p

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
Thermal air intake control valve, see people break this weekly. It allows extra air into the intake manifold when the engine is cold, coolant heats the valve up and closes it as the engine warms up. You might get lucky with crazy glue, or not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Water Outlet

If i'm not mistaken its a water outlet. Dealer replaced mine under warranty because it was leaking.

·
cheaa....
346 Posts
it should hold i just checked it and it seems like everything is fine. it holds up strong.i just put glue on it and press firmly on it for like min. then let is stand for like 5 min. after that it felt fine to me.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
I used Gorilla Glue, Super Glue, and fuckin Bondo Hardener and it wouldn't hold for shit even after I put pressure on it for 10 minutes

I let go and the valve stayed, but I wanted to keep pressure on it and as soon as I touched it (very lightly I may add), the fucker just dropped

So I got pissed off and wrapped it in painters tape, hooked the hose on the intake and put a screw in the other side of the hose

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha yea i did hours of research last night and ordered it from showcase Honda for $85. It should be here tuesday but until then electrical tape is holding it on. I'm not gonna go WOT until i replace it, just incase my engine vibrations or whatever shake the tape loose.

Has anyone replaced it themselves? It looks pretty easy, just a few hoses and fittings

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
haha yea i did hours of research last night and ordered it from showcase Honda for $85. It should be here tuesday but until then electrical tape is holding it on. I'm not gonna go WOT until i replace it, just incase my engine vibrations or whatever shake the tape loose.

Has anyone replaced it themselves? It looks pretty easy, just a few hoses and fittings

I was running with it open for alittle while now, like someone posted above, its just a valve to allow more air in to the manifold while the engine is cold

You dont even need it :dontknow: once your engine is warm, the valve closes

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
you want to replace that....superglue, jb weld, whatever you can find will not work because these things are weird little composite plastic material that will NOT bond unless heat-bonded (don't try it yourself, it's not going to work).

·
PPG Krew
5,477 Posts
You can take off that random ass bracket that supports ur stock airbox. U dont need it anymore and it kinda just sticks up in the middle of everything. Over there by ur shifter cables. I think it was in the top right of the 4th pic u attached.

·
cheaa....
346 Posts
I used Gorilla Glue, Super Glue, and fuckin Bondo Hardener and it wouldn't hold for shit even after I put pressure on it for 10 minutes

I let go and the valve stayed, but I wanted to keep pressure on it and as soon as I touched it (very lightly I may add), the fucker just dropped

So I got pissed off and wrapped it in painters tape, hooked the hose on the intake and put a screw in the other side of the hose
all i did was use elmers super glue. came in a pack of 3. just make sure u use enough

·
cheaa....
346 Posts
you want to replace that....superglue, jb weld, whatever you can find will not work because these things are weird little composite plastic material that will NOT bond unless heat-bonded (don't try it yourself, it's not going to work).
yea mine been on for a week and still looks fine to me.

hey acuratl what superglue did you use. elmers superglue for me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.