Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone post how to install a CAI Intake, ive done a search and came up with nothing

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
Learn to search.
Keep trying.
-Tony
I would tell you how I did mine but there are many steps so just search.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just for cai, you dont need to for short ram. Although i heard someone from this site was about to do the cai install without taking the bumper off.... i dont know how true that is though :dontknow:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Akira9203 said:
Just for cai, you dont need to for short ram. Although i heard someone from this site was about to do the cai install without taking the bumper off.... i dont know how true that is though :dontknow:

I was able to install my Injen CAI w/o removing the front bumper except I have an aftermarket bumper...not sure if that helps. But yes it is possible, i've read from a post here somewhere of someone being able to accomplish that.

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
wow putting on a CAI without taking the bumper off? thats pretty hard especially when u need to remove the stock washer bottle

·
Registered
379 Posts
I didnt remove my front bumper when I did my install and I have a CAI.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I didn't think it was possible, especially with the replacing of the wash fluid bottle. I've read someone doing it w/o removing the bumper though. Taking off the front bumper wasn't hard at all anyway...took me like 10 minutes my first time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are there any things that you have to make sure the CAI clears in an auto? I know it says put the car in 5th when you're installing it on a manual.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you get AEM, it comes with the best instructions if you are gonna do it yourself. I followed them very closely and had no problems....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I put mine back in b/c I actually do use it. I hated putting it back in and almost stopped but was already halfway there. It's up to you if you want to leave it out, do you use it a lot?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't use it too much, but it'd be nice to keep it. A lot of people say the Injen CAI and washer fluid bottle make it a lot easier to install.

·
Registered
741 Posts
for an auto, you shouldn't have to worry about it clearing.

That was the only reason why I chose injen...was because of install. I use my washer fluid every once in a while, but it hardly ever rains here (west Texas).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts