Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my injen CAI in today. It took a while but was well worth it. I notice the power gains up top and the sound is killer. Also, it rained a lot today and I drove around in it. No problems at all. If anyone has questions on the installation, etc, I'd be more that willing to answer them the best I can.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Trumpet7C said:
I put my injen CAI in today. It took a while but was well worth it. I notice the power gains up top and the sound is killer. Also, it rained a lot today and I drove around in it. No problems at all. If anyone has questions on the installation, etc, I'd be more that willing to answer them the best I can.
did you lose any low-end power? i recall someone complaining about losing the low-end power after installing CAI.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Trumpet7C said:
it's good to hear you didn't have any problems driving in the rain. that's my only concern about CAI :thumbsup:

how long did the install take you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got mine in yesterday too. I started the install, but got lazy and had a shop finish. It took em a LONG ass time to put it in, but totally worth it. Wasted a tank of gas yesterday just wearing it in haha.

I've been debating what to do about droppin my car because I'm still paranoid about the CAI being too close to the ground when it slush's out. I'm sure I'll get over it. Maybe drop it 'bout 1" - 1½" + a body kit. What set-up do you guys have as far as droppin, plus kit.

I haven't noticed any low-end power loss, but I'm still gettin used to the feel.

·
1 and 2 bars of fury
309 Posts
I dropped my car about 1.75" with Tanabe Springs. I have had no problems in the rain with the CAI. I didnt notice the loss in low end power though

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, I didn't notice any loss in low end power either. It took me and a friend forever to install it seeing how we don't have any knowledge of this stuff. I'd say a good 4 hours, haha. It was well worth it though. I plan on dropping my car this summer 1.75 inches all around. Good to hear someone's done that and has not had any problems with the rain either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed mine 2 weeks ago. It definitelly gives you more top end. I did not feel anything gained or loss at the bottem end.

But pay attention to this, i felt significant gains in part throttle applications such as 75%, 80% throttle. The car pulls much better than when it was stock. That amazed me more than anything else.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bag it and get it over with

·
Registered
301 Posts
Air Bags. You know Air Ride suspension.

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jdm_rsx said:
how fast were u driving with the CAI for the high end power?
Sorry, I don't follow. How fast? Like top speed or RPMs? 'Cause I was redlining it and I only went up to 60, but wow did 60 come up faster.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome me on the BASE forum!! yay
I didn't know there was a forum only for BASEr's.
Anyhow, for all you people who has injen CAI, how much and
where did you guys buy it from?
I am planning to buy one very soon since I just ordered my exhaust.
I paid $555 for it. It's TANABE HYPER MEDALLION.
REPLY plz!! thx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Trumpet 7c - Is the CAI sound going to be a cop magnet if one likes spirited driving around the city? Do you know of any Injen sound clips for the Base?

Thanks.

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ChadB said:
Trumpet7c...is the AEM or Injen that requires their smaller washer bottle?
That's Injen, with AEM you have to relocate the stock bottle to the other side. People say that's a pain in the ass.

rsxtc123: I paid $244 for the ClubRSX special edition injen cai.

URSXY: I don't know of any sound clips but it shouldn't be noticable to cops at all. Even under spirited driving, the engine is not much louder, it just has a nicer tone.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks Dude - think I'll get an Injen..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thx. But I already asked CAT a.k.a rsxMEOW that clubrsx is out of stock on injen CAI for base. only have type-s. I will just wait until CAT gets more or I will have to buy from other sites.

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dang, I must have ordered at the right time then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts