Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an injen short ram and i want more power from my car. I also have HKS Hi Power Exhaust and a straight pipe. Is a cold air worth trading for and paying extra or should i just keep the short ram and hope for the best. Is it worth to switch over if i already have the short ram? thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
SownsAll said:
I have an injen short ram and i want more power from my car. I also have HKS Hi Power Exhaust and a straight pipe. Is a cold air worth trading for and paying extra or should i just keep the short ram and hope for the best. Is it worth to switch over if i already have the short ram? thanks
i used to have aem v2, i switched to injen cai and dropped .8 of sec on the 1/4 mile, id say its worth it. we have the same exhaust plus i still run with the cat.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The gains are definately better, and you will gain more out of hondata as well if you get a CAI instead of a SRI.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShoktongVtec said:
Ive only had 138 posts so far and i agree this lazy fuckers are annoying like hell,this fucking Cai/Sri power diff.has been asked a billion times,jeez what a fucking loser. :crying:
wow fucking loser? lets get tough online? You wanna tell me how much you can bench online so i know what i should be afraid of :firemad:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
ShoktongVtec said:
Ive only had 138 posts so far and i agree this lazy fuckers are annoying like hell,this fucking Cai/Sri power diff.has been asked a billion times,jeez what a fucking loser. :crying:
Your last comment was really unecessary.

Let's try to keep it civil, okay guys? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
SownsAll said:
My brother and I both have a 02 type S. he has the Injen short ram, i have the CAI. we figgure that the CAI at least doubles the HP gain over the short ram. You can't compare the two. I would never dream of running a RSX without the Injen CAI.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
strider said:
i used to have aem v2, i switched to injen cai and dropped .8 of sec on the 1/4 mile, id say its worth it. we have the same exhaust plus i still run with the cat.
you dropped 0.8sec in 1/4 mile with CAI? I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call BS on that. That's not really believable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i agree with krystar.. that is total bs and shows how much you know about cars.. everything can be tested on the dyno and proven better than a product just bc of the numbers.. id say theyre pretty much same thing (CAI and SRI) the short ram giving more torque (not really noticable) and the short ram also gives better throttle response.. if you look at a lot of modded cars you see that most of them use SRI and theres a reason.. If you look at Toda's project car, they also use a SRI and i think Mr toda knows what hes doing so yeah...

·
Registered
123 Posts
oh and another thing..your lucky to get .1 or .2 seconds off your 1/4 mile time with just an intake... to get .8 seconds off your time you will need i/h/e hondata plus new tires

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
dropping 0.8 isn't that hard. stock I started "good run" at 15.2 or 15.3 I put on intake and es mm. dropped to 14.99 once i run the hondata, i hope to be 14.5ish that'll be 0.8 :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
it all depends what you run stock.. i consider stock time to be 14.8, 14.9 so .8 seconds off for me means running a 14.0 flat

·
Registered
35 Posts
SownsAll said:
wow fucking loser? lets get tough online? You wanna tell me how much you can bench online so i know what i should be afraid of :firemad:
:laughing: :laughing:

i think it's pretty clear who the real loser hear is:thumbsup:

·
Registered
661 Posts
krystar said:
you dropped 0.8sec in 1/4 mile with CAI? I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call BS on that. That's not really believable.
i have timeslips, i ran 16.6 with v2, exhaust stock tires @20psi at 2710 ft elevation thats 16.1 adjusted. my first run ever all i did was dump the clutch like an idiot.

2nd run i had cai, 17inch volks on yoko parada spec 2, full interior including spare tire and exhaust i ran 15.8 which is 15.3 adjusted.(most guys wouldnt post crap numbers like this, but its the truth and i have the balls to tell you :( )

i b/s you not, i know im not the greatest driver but i am learning, hondata and azenis on stocks will get me in 14's adjusted at 2710ft elevation.

·
Registered
661 Posts
krystar said:
you might also want to try switching also with your setup, i gurantee you'll see the diffrence between cai and short ram for our car especially with hondata.

·
Registered
661 Posts
lvtec said:
i agree with krystar.. that is total bs and shows how much you know about cars.. everything can be tested on the dyno and proven better than a product just bc of the numbers.. id say theyre pretty much same thing (CAI and SRI) the short ram giving more torque (not really noticable) and the short ram also gives better throttle response.. if you look at a lot of modded cars you see that most of them use SRI and theres a reason.. If you look at Toda's project car, they also use a SRI and i think Mr toda knows what hes doing so yeah...
really..... and so what if toda uses sri mr.expert :rolleyes:, what did you do read hondalife's article and become guru? ask the people who have switched from shortram to cai if they think its worth it, the people with light modifications, HEATSOAK kills performance, wheres your support that short-ram performs the same for OUR cars, you sound like an 18 year old with no support for your arguements (if you're a college student shame on you.) theres a reason why people base dynos for performance and tuning, and you're trying to discredit it, numbers dont lie. btw i dont recall saying that i dropped .8 with just cai. im just saying it was a contributing factor. im sorry if my post implied that, there were other factors involved to me dropping .8.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ok..back to thr point of the intake..if its all all about dyno numbers then can you tell me why the 250whp hytech rsx runs a 14.4 in the 1/4 mile or why a 500hp wrx cant beat a stock sti.. its all about the setup of your car and how well everything fits in with your other mods.. big horsepower dont mean anything unless you can lay the power down.. believe whatever you want but the point in tryin to prove is that an intake cant be tested on a dyno..if you ask you local shop and ask the mechanic he would probably say that the cold air intake has too many unless bends(thats what all the local shops dislike about the CAI). im not saying to take my word but thats what some including mr toda believes..

oh..ps..can we stop with the hostility.. thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
if you noticed on my post i mentioned light mods, i do agree with you that is balance of the car. im just skeptical of short rams for our cars. here's a little something off the hondata site.

"Cold air, cold air and more cold air. The intakes on the K series engine get very hot." it goes on about the intake manifold gasket.

my friend is a mechanic and ive seen his numbers drop after switching to cai. we can atleast agree that hondata is optimized for cai right? so we would be seeing better gains no?

btw no hostilites taken anymore you do bring up some interesting points :D

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
man why's everyone editing their posts? hehe

lvtec, if you consider stock time to be 14.8, then yer really saying everyone's a pro drag driver. most normal ppl manage the 15.2 area on stock car. it is about everyone's lack of skills yea. going from 15.2 with normal skills to ~14.5 on normal skills, that's what i meant by me dropping 0.8.

strider, are you typeS or base? a 16.1 run adjusted is pretty sad for a typeS with any kind of intake and exhaust. for a base with intake and exhaust, that's pretty good since they run 16.4. but though I still don't see you dropping from 16.1 adjusted to 15.3 adjusted DUE TO THE CHANGE IN INTAKE. Even you yourself said that the 16.1 adjusted run was bad cause you dumped the clutch. And that was only 1 run. Not really a fair chance for statistics.

when I started, not that i'm experienced driver, I ran prob 10-20 times before I got my time to be steady at 15.2-15.3 with just a V2. I installed the ES MM's and that took me like another 10 runs for me to hit the 14.99. So really you shouldn't take 1 run to be the definitive "I dropped 0.X seconds"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts