Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanna let everyone know that Target has California Car Dusters on sale for $7.99 starting today until next Saturday. It is labeled with their "Baja Sol" brand-name and is gray, but on the packaging it says "The Original California Car Duster" and has all the same labeling, etc. as the the real one... well, because it is the real one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
speaking of Target, has anybody used whats labeled as their "finishing cloths"? they;re said to be lint free but thats a lie. they left lint all over my car. Think washing them first would help? Let me know. by the way the lambswool mitt they sell is AMAZING i love it

·
Registered
637 Posts
tom1286 said:
speaking of Target, has anybody used whats labeled as their "finishing cloths"? they;re said to be lint free but thats a lie. they left lint all over my car. Think washing them first would help? Let me know. by the way the lambswool mitt they sell is AMAZING i love it
I am not a fan of these but, yes always wash new towels a couple of times before using them.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
car duster = outside

dash duster = inside

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Technically you can use either of them interchangeably, but the car duster is much bigger than the dash duster so it's impractical to use it on the inside. And the dash duster is too small to use on the outside.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I work on a construction site where dust is kicked up in the air all the time. I'm left with like 1/2 inch thick of construction dust all over my car. Will this cali-duster scratch the car? Won't it drag the shit all across the car and cause swirl marks? Just wondering because if you guys give me the green light this would be the best purchase fopr my car, EVER!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It doesn't scratch at all, it's been proven time and time again. Everyone uses it. But it's only good for light dust and pollen, I wouldn't use it for stones or anything like that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What about if the dust is slightly granuale as found on a construction site (construction dirt flying in the air and heavily settling on the car?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Damn I just bought mine at Pepboys for $9.99. I love this thing though it really works. Picks up the dust really well without having to wash it, or using quick detailer. Just make sure to let it air out for two days on newspaper to let the wax on the duster hairs dry.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just picked one up yesterday. Thanks DanIdentity :thumbsup:

I can't wait to have the chance to use this thing...just gotta wait until after my car gets fixed & repainted....argh more waiting :firemad: ...

·
broken.
965 Posts
Dr.Balance said:
What about if the dust is slightly granuale as found on a construction site (construction dirt flying in the air and heavily settling on the car?
if theres too much buildup on the car, there is a possiblity that the duster will pick up whatever it can but at the same time slide the rest of it around. this might cause scratches. when u wash your car next, put a couple of coats of wax on it and try the duster after it gets real dusty at work. worst case scenario: the excess dust might scratch your wax coat and youll have to re-wax to get rid of the marks on the coat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.