Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a LEGAL cold air intake installed on their RSX in California? Having trouble finding one that fits California's legal requirements and is compatible with an RSX?

·
Leftie Lucy
60 Posts
CARB exempt. I used a CARB exempt Injen CAI for a while a few years back. I still have it in storage somewhere. I used it on one of the '06 Type S cars. I also used a Comptech Icebox at one time, but I forget what car that was for, also CARB exempt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CARB exempt. I used a CARB exempt Injen CAI for a while a few years back. I still have it in storage somewhere. I used it on one of the '06 Type S cars. I also used a Comptech Icebox at one time, but I forget what car that was for, also CARB exempt.
Hey, thanks so much for linking this to me! Do you know if this also will fit a base Model of an RSX?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Injen is marvelous, it is what I run. No issue with passing smog
Yeah, I did some serious research last night and that was also my conclusion. But do you know if that injen cold air intake that is linked above will also fit a base model RSX? On the site it says Type S.

·
WILDCARD!
1,462 Posts
Yeah, I did some serious research last night and that was also my conclusion. But do you know if that injen cold air intake that is linked above will also fit a base model RSX? On the site it says Type S.
Most of the big brand name intakes (AEM, Injen, etc.) will be 50 state legal or pending (which means they're legal). But no, you will want to buy an intake specific to the base. Just search for Injen intakes for the base model.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Different TB orientation and diameter. It seems most places are out of stock on the base CAI, but I'm sure someone has one available. The part number is SP1470

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Different TB orientation and diameter. It seems most places are out of stock on the base CAI, but I'm sure someone has one available. The part number is SP1470
One the SP1470 Part on Injen's website in the Notes section it says:

NOTES
Manual Transmission Models Only

So this injen part won't fit the base model it seems. Hhm this is harder than I thought to find an intake this is California legal and will fit a base model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most of the big brand name intakes (AEM, Injen, etc.) will be 50 state legal or pending (which means they're legal). But no, you will want to buy an intake specific to the base. Just search for Injen intakes for the base model.
Seems right, do you by any chance have a link to a cold air intake that would fit a Base model and is legal in California?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually just found this Short Ram intake system that Is CARB legal and looks to fit an RSX Base model.

The part name is DC Sports Short ram Intake System SRI6515

Anyone Have any input on this part?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
One the SP1470 Part on Injen's website in the Notes section it says:

NOTES
Manual Transmission Models Only

So this injen part won't fit the base model it seems. Hhm this is harder than I thought to find an intake this is California legal and will fit a base model.
It’s referring to the Base with the manual, but will also fit the auto. I have one myself, it’s just a tight fit because of the trans case.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I will sell you mine injen cold air intake but I am using the red smaller higher up windshield reserver in my car so you will have to remove your or get another one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I will sell you mine injen cold air intake but I am using the red smaller higher up windshield reserver in my car so you will have to remove your or get another one.
Also currently using filter with hydroshield as well. So I'll sell you the tube and boot with a dirty filter for cheap. The tube has some scratches on it as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts