Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Calling All CF hoods

Tags
calling hoods
2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  F-BOM 
#1 ·
This board has 0 stickies. I need a new hood, and I really love the look of carbon fiber.

Who has them, which one do you have, and how does it fit?

What care would you recommend?

How long has it been installed? (IE How durable is it or what happens with rock nics?)

I'm not interested in a style competition, everyone has their opinion, and I think that all styles could look good on the right car. I just want to know what required the most work to get to look good.

-Mac

#4 ·
ViS on may be the biggest out there but I give it to ViS. I had my cf hood on my 05 civic for about 7 months and now it hangs in my garage waiting to be sold. In that time there has been no fading, clearcoat issues or misalignment of any part of it. A lot of people i have heard of and known have had clear coat issues within 6 months of having other brands products, notibly seibon When I get the money together I will ONLY choose ViS for my carbon fiber products

#9 ·
have a VIS on my prelude and seibon on my 02 rsx. stock hood on my 05. the CF hood on the 02 rsx is a good 15-20 pounds lighter than the 05 rsx hood. ive never fealt a stock prelude hood, but the CF on my prelude is just as heavy as the 05 rsx hood.

EDIT - ive had to re-clear the rsx CF hood 2x now due to chipping, no big deal, and recently my cat sat on my hood on a fairly cool night and put a nice crack in it, not sure if its in the fiber or paint. the preludes CF hood is very rugged, i could sit on it and it wouldnt flex.

#17 ·
I'm intrested to see these installed, since it could help from thieves trying to pop ur hood to disconnect the battery to kill the alarm!!

#16 ·
VIS Extreme GT hood

On my prior 02 RSX, I had a VIS Extreme GT hood it was 1/5 the weight of the stock hood. I had it put on in 2004, sold the car 2.5 years later and the hood looked just as good. This was also my DD and I put well over 70K miles with this hood. I only used the latch without extra holdings, it fit perfectly no modification was needed. Took the speed up fairly high at times, 120-130 without wobble.

-Andy

#19 ·
I have both the vis and seibon carbon fiber hood. I bought the vis oem style hood back in 04 and it actually heavier than than the seibon piece that I have now which was bought around 08. The reason for the switch was due to the fact that the coat on the vis was fading and cracking in the middle area probably due to heat stress but outside was still glossy with no crack on the coat. I bought the seibon and had it clear coat before I put it on, it was 175 and it was lighter that i have to use pin because it shake unlike the vis which i never even use pins. both fitment are perfect, hope that help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.