Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a pair of brian crower stg. 2 cams + valvetrain and I have a question about the installation. I talked to a shop nearby and they said they could install the cams, valvesprings, retainers, and older style keepers without removing the head. I read in the sticky for later models that they require new valve seals, as well. the shop told me they didn't want to remove the head and to install the seals they would have to. i got a quote from another shop in the area but it was for about 4 times the amount to remove the head and install everything. my question is I'm wondering if new seals are really necessary on the newer models? In addition, the shop cannot tune my k-pro because they do not have a dyno. is the brian crower kal in kmanager suitable to drive on until i can either get dyno tuned or a street tune? thanks!

G

·
You can install cams and new seals just fine without removing the head. There is no reason to do that and if that's what your shop is saying, I would find a different one. Good luck.

G

·
Can't advise you on any Houston shops but if you care to drive, JDavis in Ft. Worth could do it and prob. tune you, too. Cams are not that complicated to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
According to Dustin from Brian Crower, they haven't had any problems using the oem seals with their setup, and they recommend replacing the valve locks/keepers - (part # BC2940 - billet valve locks - $85). Hope this helps

G

·
According to Dustin from Brian Crower, they haven't had any problems using the oem seals with their setup, and they recommend replacing the valve locks/keepers - (part # BC2940 - billet valve locks - $85). Hope this helps
The issue is the springs. Single/dual/etc. springs require their own bases and you need to pull the seals in order to replace the bases.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a quick question. On the BC springs, which way do the springs go in? The sides are slightly different on each end of the spring.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts