Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site.. buyin my boys skunk2 stage 1 cams and skunk2 fuel rail how will they perform with my k20a3?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Don't need the fuel rail...save the money. The stock fuel rail is good for 300hp....the cam is just going to move you hp up in the rpm range. Without kpro the car will feel gutless below 4000 rpm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel rail is free with it.. k pro is the only way to get power outta the cam? What about flashin it

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
cams do not give you "power" in modern motors......they just move it around. "power" comes from changes in compression, head flow, displacement and readline. the stage ones just reduce tq down low to give you more hp up high....driving on a track...good, dd bad.......Your next question will be "how much hp?"....not changing any of the above, the max you will ever see out of a cam swap is 14%......old hot roders rule......If your plan is to up the red line.....the a3 is not designed for that, it will do it for a while but it will have a major failor......meaning motor guts on the highway..... :thumbsdow

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanna get some power outta the motor without boostin or sc. Im not lookin for crazy changes in the a3 just wanna do what i can.. any suggestions?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
cat back, cai, magnaflow cat and short tube header.....motor mounts( for wheel hop).....over 50000 miles , change the plugs and check the valve lash.....maybe a carbon cleaning( they do work)....not a fan of rh...you throw a cel and the ecu starts screwing up the mixture....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts