Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the Injen SRI piping is a tapered design or a constant diameter pipe ?. In other words does the piping start out wider at the filter and taper to the throttle body, or is it the same diameter all the way through ?. Does anyone know the diameter of the piping used on the Injen SRI ?. Just want to compare it to the K&N Typhoon. The K&N intake uses 2.75" piping in a constant diameter design, no taper. Any info would be cool. thanks. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damn, thousand of you guys have the Injen SRI and no one can answer a simple question ? , come on anyone ?:dontknow:

·
Registered
704 Posts
3.0" OD throughout without any tapering. The bend is a 45 degree bend and the rubber connector makes up the remainder (45 degree)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply, that info is helpful, much appreciated. So the piping is three inches, a bit bigger than some of the other makes. I'm wondering does the silicon hose have a reducer built into it, because three inches wouldnt mach up too well with the stock throttle body which is closer to 2.75 inches from what I could tell. thanks again.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Your right the rubber elbow should have a small amount of reduction but it doesn't. But when you tighten the adjustable clamp the rubber does tighten completely, with no air gaps.

You can buy an elbow from Injen that is 3" to 2.75" but it is pricey. I chose to just tighten the clamp on the rubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts