Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Duffman OHH YEAAHH
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure, srive to ND and pay me 50 bucks to instal the sidemarkers on your stock fenders. That is way to much just for sidemarkers
ive been looking around and got quoted for 170 at 2 different places for install, and driving to nd would be more on gas :p, i gota keep lookin for places then or find a cheaper site

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Installing side markers is not hard at all. The template is on the forums somewhere, just give yourself an afternoon and take your time. A Dremel tool is all you need. I think I did both sides on my car in about 3 hours from start to finish. $180 is a complete waste of money, especially when you consider all you're paying for is a hole.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Installing side markers is not hard at all. The template is on the forums somewhere, just give yourself an afternoon and take your time. A Dremel tool is all you need. I think I did both sides on my car in about 3 hours from start to finish. $180 is a complete waste of money, especially when you consider all you're paying for is a hole.
agreed, I have the template too, maybe I'll load it up if someone wants it.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
yea ive read the whole diy...ive done other diy stuff but nothing like cutting into my fenders, b/c theres no room for error
Essentially, all your doing is dremel cutting over a straight line. It's more of a mental block of "I'm cutting into my car" than anything else. If you can get past that, it really is a snap.

My advice is to trace the template and then cut a little bit inside of it, then just test fit and trim, test fit and trim, test fit and trim.........do that until you have a snug fit, then secure it as per the DIY instructions. The wiring is about as basic as you can get, and feeding it to the front signal is cake.

·
Duffman OHH YEAAHH
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Essentially, all your doing is dremel cutting over a straight line. It's more of a mental block of "I'm cutting into my car" than anything else. If you can get past that, it really is a snap.

My advice is to trace the template and then cut a little bit inside of it, then just test fit and trim, test fit and trim, test fit and trim.........do that until you have a snug fit, then secure it as per the DIY instructions. The wiring is about as basic as you can get, and feeding it to the front signal is cake.
thats a good way to look at it, im not worried about the wiring, just the cutting/screwing something cause id end up having to get a new fender anyway

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Reactions: TaMere11

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts