Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Can i add heated mirror to my 03 rsx?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  dc5_dy 
#1 ·
So i woke up early to work today and it was cold out and windows were foggy. So i thought no problem ill turn my defroster on, as soon as did that i realized my side mirrors were fogged up too.:thumbsdow So i had to get out and wipe them off, very inconvenient. So i thought, ive seen other rsx's with heated mirrors so i searched and seems like on 04+ had this.

So is there a way i can add this to my 03? Ive searched but no luck. I found this though, http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=826953.

Seems simple, until the switch part, obviously i want to use an oem switch. Anyone know how this would work or anyone know how to do this??

#2 ·
Any luck?

That’s my thread!:D Lol nobody replied how to wire though.. :(

Planning to do mine soon.. ill just prolly look for a used pair of 04-06 side mirror assembly with switch and swap it directly but my major problem is I don’t know how to wire them! I want to use the OEM switch as well..

#4 ·
same here..

i just bought a pair off 05 black.. but i have to swap the housings coz i have silver.. they are not cheap bud! you can resell your old one though.. ok! im planning to hook it up to defroster switch though but i prefer using the OEM switch for the heated mirror.. :)

#5 ·
Yea I figured they were not cheap. I'm just going to buy the mirrors from Acura oem or some website like that.

And yea, I want to do it from the oem heated switch, if I do it I want it to look oem. The tutorials I've seen show to hook up to rear defroster which would be ok I guess if I wanted folding mirrors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.