Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I plan for is bolt on mods, so can I get a reflash if I have a k24 swap? Or do I need a hondata chip?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No, and no. You need either a Hondata modified ECU, or a Ktuner modified ECU. I wouldn't even drive the car until you get one of those. The stock ECU can run the engine, but not safely. If you're going to drive it anyways, don't floor it. The ECU might be able to maintain closed loop operation, but you will run lean at WOT and that's a sure way to damage or destroy your engine.

Do your research, there's 18 years worth of information on this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, and no. You need either a Hondata modified ECU, or a Ktuner modified ECU. I wouldn't even drive the car until you get one of those. The stock ECU can run the engine, but not safely. If you're going to drive it anyways, don't floor it. The ECU might be able to maintain closed loop operation, but you will run lean at WOT and that's a sure way to damage or destroy your engine.

Do your research, there's 18 years worth of information on this forum.
Thanks for your reply! After reading it I got in touch with a tuning shop and I'll be getting one of the two ECUs. Unfortunately they're on backorder, but I won't floor it in the meantime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts