Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
^VTEC ADDICT!
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i up the compression a little bit to say 10.2-10.7, will the engine run correctly, will it get any power from it? pros? cons?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i heard the type-r pistons will fit in our bases don't know what that will boost compression up to,,.. also i know JE i think thats there name makes pistons for our cars... i've also been looking into this after i get my race header... when i find out more info i will let you know!

D

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Do a search....someone yesterday posted a link to a great article on engine compression.....that sound answer your questions.

·
^VTEC ADDICT!
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cant find that article, if u still know where it is please post the link

·
^VTEC ADDICT!
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will the toda head gasket fit? on some website i found they have one that gives u .9 more compression?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Compression isn't a brand of cereal, you can't just add some into the cylinder.

But yes, if you increase compression then horsepower will increase as well. But if you wanted a higher compression then why didn't you pick up a Type-S to begin with? Pros are that it will produce more power. Cons are a decrease in engine life and the requirement of a higher octane along with lower gas mileage and the need for stronger internals. Just lay down $6000 for a K20A engine with 6speed transmission and swap it out. That will be cheaper than trying to play around with your K20A3's compression.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
...brand of cereal...I like that :laughing:

·
^VTEC ADDICT!
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt get a type-s because the insurance for the S is like 5,000 a year where i live

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
mkrsx2003 said:
i didnt get a type-s because the insurance for the S is like 5,000 a year where i live
Yeah, and you're going to spend far moreo than a measily $5,000 to increase the performance of the Base higher than the Type S.

Just be happy. It's a nice car, it looks the same ... how often do you actually race?

·
^VTEC ADDICT!
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
James S said:
Yeah, and you're going to spend far moreo than a measily $5,000 to increase the performance of the Base higher than the Type S.

Just be happy. It's a nice car, it looks the same ... how often do you actually race?
i usually just race civic and neon(not srt-4) around where i live

·
Registered
260 Posts
James S said:
well said.. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts