Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Primer Veteran
252 Posts
I say you try it!!! Just make sure you go to some street races and throw down your car for pinks and respect. Just warning you though, you'll be lucky if that 100 shot of NOS doesn't blow the welds on the intake.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I say you try it!!! Just make sure you go to some street races and throw down your car for pinks and respect. Just warning you though, you'll be lucky if that 100 shot of NOS doesn't blow the welds on the intake.
our intakes are welded?:noes:

·
dolan pls
9,956 Posts
50-100 wet shot without kpro is "safe"
It will be rich and you won't make as much power as a dry shot + krpo and tuning, but it will work and unless you are an idiot you won't blow anything up.

Window switch/WOT switch/proper jetting/a few dyno runs to make sure your AF:R is fine and a wetshot works great and is very cost effective

Just don't hit it too soon junior

·
All motor k son!!!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I ran 12 passes on the direct port 100 shot a wet system with no probelm..untuned and with no kpro...my motor still feels the same and doesnt smoke or anything....only bad thing that happend was that my buddy tolted the rear end of his rsx either than that no problems what so ever..

·
Blown
13,723 Posts
so you have kpro and nitrous but you dont want to install kpro to properly run nitrous because....?

sure you can run it without kpro but I can also not change my oil for 10k miles, should I? probably not.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
As a rule of thumb you should retard 1 degree for every 10HP worth of nitrous you add. Can you run a 100 shot without management? Yes. Should you? No.

What are the consequences?
The significantly increased cylinder pressure increases the load tremendously on the rods and bearings leading to a much higher risk of failure. Through our landspeed racing program we have found we can sustain a continuous (minutes at a time) 140 shot on a built K20A2.

Lets put it this way.
Running a 100 shot of nitrous with stock ignition timing is much harder on your engine than an additional 100 HP with a turbo using stock ignition- and how many people here would run a turbo this way?

·
Green Bastard.
2,749 Posts
ive never really messed with a k series this is my first..ive only built b series and so on...and yes i understand how nitrious works i just dont understand the whole kpro ecu..it seems to me that every mod besides basic bolt ons requires you to tune the kpro..
1)you already have kpro? but dont have it in your car?
2)you want to run a 100 shot without kpro? but you have k pro?
3)You have k pro, but you dont know how it worksS

:bsflag:

·
Green Bastard.
2,749 Posts
i really want to run a direct port 100 shot on my car...would i b able to with out kpro?:(

I ran 12 passes on the direct port 100 shot a wet system with no probelm..untuned and with no kpro...my motor still feels the same and doesnt smoke or anything....only bad thing that happend was that my buddy tolted the rear end of his rsx either than that no problems what so ever..
:stop:, you have been caught :shady:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts