1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
DC-5
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL!!!:)

As u guys know I traded my old 05 DC5 to 06 350z last year september

but I still miss my old dc5 and I miss the vtec sound

and I saw all the clean lookin dc5 that u guys have (on member showoff section:D )
last night and I coudn't even get to sleep last night.......

so

I decided to have my second DC5 for daily

my question is

can I still own brand new dc5(06 model)????

I know the dc5 got discountinued but I think theres some left somewhere

how do u guys think???

I don't really want to get used for daily:(

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
Brand new DC5's kinda hard to find these days....but you might find one if you look hard enough. I'm pretty sure you're going to find a lot of low mileage '06 though, a LOT cheaper/better way to go imo...alittle used means at LEAST $5000 off price...think about it.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
This one guy was saying in another thread that the new ones go for $5,000 over msrp or something now, because they are so rare to buy new. I just want to throw that out there. I think it was msrp anyway.

1,493 Posts
This one guy was saying in another thread that the new ones go for $5,000 over msrp or something now, because they are so rare to buy new. I just want to throw that out there. I think it was msrp anyway.
the dealer down the street from me has 2 new 06's and is selling them for 5.2k over MSRP, and its non negotiable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have not seen any new ones around my area in NY. However, 06 Type-S' with 8,000 miles have been going for 22.5K at the dealer. That's the price they were selling the brand new 06 Type-S' for.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
I guess models that are going out of production is a big deal? Unless of course it was some crappy car that no one wanted. I can see some people wanting to buy the last year model of something they really wanted for 5k over msrp, just so they can get it brand new of course and didn't want to settle for less.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I just think its dumb because for ~28/29K you could easily get a fully loaded Civic SI which is the same car only with more options... AND probably have a few $$ leftover for a couple things.

I think thats really stupid b/c its all hype. as a happy RSX-S owner myself I will say the RSX is NOT anything to get a hard-on over. its just another sporty, fwd coupe that gets decent gas mileage and can be modded.

Its the same as the people who cream themselves over an ITR... get over it... its an integra that will probably be stolen and stripped cause most everything on it FITS A CIVIC.

I like my RSX a lot but as soon as I'm done paying for it and I drive it for a few months after that, its gone! There are much better cars out there... that are not jacked up over MSRP!

·
Zack Killa
4,535 Posts
im keeping my rsx so someday it will b worth millions cuz of the discontinuation :D

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
yeah the frick right. The RSX will piddle out eventually. Why don't people realize its not even one of the most solid hondas ever built? 2nd gear grids, 3rd gear popouts, rattles, suspension clunks, oil consumption... come on...

·
<3 Bridget Regan
3,842 Posts
Go dealer hopping! Someones bound to have one.

Just a side note too, I love my rsx-s but its not the ULTRA SUPER MEGA STRONG BEAST i first thought it was, reality sets in and its definitely not, but it is one of the sweetest looking cars around not to mention smooth.

·
Registered
16,657 Posts
I got my 06 pretty much brand new. It had a little under 3,000 miles on it. Aparently the previous owner couldn't pay the insurance so the dealer bought it back from him. :blah:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts