Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
just trying to make it
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently failed an inspection because i stupidly forgot about the readiness code after my batttery died while i was away. So now i have to wait until it readies itself, but since there is no sensor on the dash, and the manual gives all of these things to do to get it ready, i dont really know when to bring it in.
I dont drive the rsx much - it usually sits for weeks at a time. I havent put more than two miles on it since the inspection failed about two weeks ago. Plus the inspection is now overdue...
Any suggestions?

·
PrestO Biatch
604 Posts
Yes, Kpro can set the readiness codes..

Just go to Online -> Set Readiness

·
just trying to make it
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn! thanks for the reply - I should have known

·
Jurassic Member
4,023 Posts
What exactly does the set readiness do?

I am going to get inspected and want to know what to say or do. I can set the ECU, but what does it do when I do that? Also do I need to turn it off afterwards?

I usually have a place that passes me even though I am illegal by law an not emissions, but it's 300 miles away and my inspection has be out for over a year I think I'd get busted making a run that far.

:driving:

·
Jurassic Member
4,023 Posts
jcbarnar said:
The readiness codes will reset when you turn the ignition off.

So on Kpro I need to set the readiness when I drive in or before?

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
what does set readiness mean?? in NC u can pass with only one readless code i know

·
BMW'ing it up!
2,141 Posts
setting readiness will give the testing computer a perfect score when it checks your emissions and safety equipment.... EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO CAT...

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
StevenC said:
setting readiness will give the testing computer a perfect score when it checks your emissions and safety equipment.... EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO CAT...
But don't they reset when you turn off the car?

·
BMW'ing it up!
2,141 Posts
i believe it resets every 300 miles... the ecu does its emissions systems check every 300 miles from what i understand...

But easy enough to test.. set rediness, turn off car, then turn car back on and check the error code section, it will show rediness status

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
StevenC said:
i believe it resets every 300 miles... the ecu does its emissions systems check every 300 miles from what i understand...

But easy enough to test.. set rediness, turn off car, then turn car back on and check the error code section, it will show rediness status
Very good point.

·
just trying to make it
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there are instructions in the manual on how to set it yourself using various driving techniques before the 300 miles - plus a thread or two on here about it

still feel like an idiot for not knowing where the hondata reset was :(

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Just don't turn off your car. I enabled OBDII, uploaded the calibration, and then set the readiness while sitting in the parking lot next to the smog station. They want the car running for the test so they probably won't ask you to turn it off. Just to be safe go through one of the drive-through type stations.

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
compdoc777 said:
So on Kpro I need to set the readiness when I drive in or before?
This may or may not work depending on the equipment your testing place uses.

Most equipment will run an OBDII test. From my understanding, it basically sets the readiness itself and then runs through all the codes to make sure they work properly. Anyway, if you would throw a code after 300 miles, you would throw the same code after the check.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have an emissions test way overdue because I don't know what to do about my cel. Now I have the OBDII turned off but I know when I go I will have to turn it on. I was planning on turning the the OBDII back on right before I pulled into the station, do you guys think this will work?

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
K-Nuckles said:
I have an emissions test way overdue because I don't know what to do about my cel. Now I have the OBDII turned off but I know when I go I will have to turn it on. I was planning on turning the the OBDII back on right before I pulled into the station, do you guys think this will work?
Open your calibration, enable OBDII, save the calibration, upload the calibration to the ECU, start the car, set readiness, don't shut off the car, pull in to the station, and pray.

·
Jurassic Member
4,023 Posts
Glimpse said:
Open your calibration, enable OBDII, save the calibration, upload the calibration to the ECU, start the car, set readiness, don't shut off the car, pull in to the station, and pray.
Yes, but set the rediness before you go into the station. Drive around with it for a while to make sure it rediness codes will stay. I did that and I drove around for about 200 miles and the rediness code never shut off. Just don't have them do a smog, or dyno test (where the put the car on that machine that rolls the wheels) Since the car is OBDII then all you have to do is get the computer to check and that's what the rediness codes do they lie to the computer that checks the car and you pass automatically. Unless you are in CA or something...

I passed with Supercharger, nitrous, raceheader, and no cat. meow!

Also make sure your car is so low they can't do a visual inspection for the cats. LOL!

·
K20Power
210 Posts
So how do you set the readiness?? Like i click on set readiness but nothing happens please help.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts