Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Jurassic Member
1,384 Posts
What exactly does the set readiness do?

I am going to get inspected and want to know what to say or do. I can set the ECU, but what does it do when I do that? Also do I need to turn it off afterwards?

I usually have a place that passes me even though I am illegal by law an not emissions, but it's 300 miles away and my inspection has be out for over a year I think I'd get busted making a run that far.

:driving:

· Jurassic Member
1,384 Posts
jcbarnar said:
The readiness codes will reset when you turn the ignition off.

So on Kpro I need to set the readiness when I drive in or before?

· Jurassic Member
1,384 Posts
Glimpse said:
Open your calibration, enable OBDII, save the calibration, upload the calibration to the ECU, start the car, set readiness, don't shut off the car, pull in to the station, and pray.
Yes, but set the rediness before you go into the station. Drive around with it for a while to make sure it rediness codes will stay. I did that and I drove around for about 200 miles and the rediness code never shut off. Just don't have them do a smog, or dyno test (where the put the car on that machine that rolls the wheels) Since the car is OBDII then all you have to do is get the computer to check and that's what the rediness codes do they lie to the computer that checks the car and you pass automatically. Unless you are in CA or something...

I passed with Supercharger, nitrous, raceheader, and no cat. meow!

Also make sure your car is so low they can't do a visual inspection for the cats. LOL!

· Jurassic Member
1,384 Posts
sorry i dont mean to jack ur thread or anything but Im having a huge problem. after i got the DCRH, i had the cel. i assumed it was cuz of no cat. so i used a defouler + o2 sim. but with more investigation it told us that the heat something was messed up in the sensor. so the sensor was bad. but after trying another 2 sensors, still the same problem. my mechanic said hes getting a strong + and - current but a weak ground. and he said theres good continuity throughout the wire so its not a snip or break in the wires. any clue as to what it could be?
Primary 02? I am having the same issue. They say it could be a bad ECU. Hondata told me to update the software and clear security then upload the tune again. If it still does not work it's probably a bad ECU. I don't think it' is though. My car seem to run just fine so I think it is a software glitch because mine did not start until I updated the software and changed the tune. Then it gave me problems and i can't set rediness now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.