Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Can Kpro set the "readiness code" for inspections

32K views 71 replies 33 participants last post by  o4k20vtec 
#1 ·
I recently failed an inspection because i stupidly forgot about the readiness code after my batttery died while i was away. So now i have to wait until it readies itself, but since there is no sensor on the dash, and the manual gives all of these things to do to get it ready, i dont really know when to bring it in.
I dont drive the rsx much - it usually sits for weeks at a time. I havent put more than two miles on it since the inspection failed about two weeks ago. Plus the inspection is now overdue...
Any suggestions?

#30 ·
I just passed my emissions with a bad secondary O2 sensor (threw a P0420, which is what you'd get with a race header/no catalyst convertor). So I enabled ODBII and Set Rediness the night before I went. All they did was plug into OBDII and run some scan, I passed. On the drive home my CEL went back on. :shady:

#36 ·
sorry i dont mean to jack ur thread or anything but Im having a huge problem. after i got the DCRH, i had the cel. i assumed it was cuz of no cat. so i used a defouler + o2 sim. but with more investigation it told us that the heat something was messed up in the sensor. so the sensor was bad. but after trying another 2 sensors, still the same problem. my mechanic said hes getting a strong + and - current but a weak ground. and he said theres good continuity throughout the wire so its not a snip or break in the wires. any clue as to what it could be?

#37 · (Edited)
Primary 02? I am having the same issue. They say it could be a bad ECU. Hondata told me to update the software and clear security then upload the tune again. If it still does not work it's probably a bad ECU. I don't think it' is though. My car seem to run just fine so I think it is a software glitch because mine did not start until I updated the software and changed the tune. Then it gave me problems and i can't set rediness now.

#38 ·
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a question about setting the readiness. When I selected it nothing happens and in the error codes box under readiness codes it says not supported and for status it has (-) marks. Is this supposed to happen. I have an 05. Can anyone help? thanks

#43 ·
When you enabled ODB II, did you reupload your calibration? Changing the ODB II setting requires a complete reupload of the calibration.

Try uploading a new calibration anyway if you are still having problems.

#45 ·
Still no luck, I tryed a different kal and the samething happend. all of the things in the error box under readiness say not supported. dont know what to do. I wounder if it will pass inspection.:dontknow:

#49 ·
Hmm, found this little "how to" (might be the ones to fix what I'm missing (heated cat, secondary air injection, A/C refrigerant, EGR systems)

OBD-II Drive Cycle
(Taken from Understanding OBDII: Past, Present & Future)
The OBD-II drive cycle begins with a cold start (coolant temperature below
122 degrees F and the coolant and air temperature sensors within 11 degrees
of one another).

NOTE: The ignition key must not be on prior to the cold start otherwise the
heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
1. As soon as the engine starts, idle the engine in drive for two and a half
minutes with the A/C and rear defrost on. OBD-II checks oxygen sensor heater
circuits, air pump and EVAP purge.

2. Turn the A/C and rear defrost off, and accelerate to 55 mph at half
throttle. OBD-II checks for ignition misfire, fuel trim and canister purge.
Hold at a steady state speed of 55 mph for three minutes. OBD-II monitors
EGR, air pump, O2 sensors and canister purge.

3. Decelerate (coast down) to 20 mph without braking or depressing the
clutch. OBD-II checks EGR and purge functions.

4. Accelerate back to 55 to 60 mph at half throttle. OBD-II checks misfire,
fuel trim and purge again.

5. Hold at a steady speed of 55 to 60 mph for five minutes. OBD-II monitors
catalytic converter efficiency, misfire, EGR, fuel trim, oxygen sensors and
purge functions.

6. Decelerate (coast down) to a stop without braking. OBD-II makes a final
check of EGR and canister purge.

#52 ·
Well physically the CATs are not there, but the system said "READY" and then in Jersey Engine Misfire "UNSUPPORTED" and Fuel System " UNSUPPORTED" So most people just said go set the readiness and then don't turn off the car and let someone you "know" run the test for the car.

#59 ·
Do you have the printout from the emissions shop?

You should show completed next to catalyst, evap, o2, o2 heater... as long as none of them say fail, I don't see why you wouldn't pass. Hell, most states let you have up to 2 monitors not ready and will still pass you depending on the year of the car.

Misfire/Fuel/Comp should be supported though....

#63 ·
Since you don't have any CEL's, I don't think clearing the DTC codes will do anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.