Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you use microfiber towels to remove wax can you wash them to remove the wax that collects on the towels? If not do you just throw them out? seems like a waste but i am guessing that is what happens since wax doesnt come out with water. Well any information on this will be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
yes you can wash the wax out of your microfiber. use a liquid laundry detergent. they can be machine washed, but only with other microfiber. hang dry or use air dry dryer setting. do not use dryer sheets.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool thanks one more question. WHen i went to walmart they had two microfiber towels one is a huge 6.5 x 6.5 feet towel and the other was like 5 smaller towels. Which would be more ideal to keep? I already have the absorber for drying though. So any help would be great and thanks for the advice so far jstn

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
the big towel at walmart is primarily a drying towel, while the small towels are more for removing wax. but you can use the big one for just about anything. i have heard good things about it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah I just got microfiber towels from Wal Mart myself :D $4.23 isn't bad for five towels...dats a deal

·
Registered
641 Posts
mdd said:
so you use the big towel to remove lots of stuff and flip it if you need a clean side?
I typically use Big blue to dry with, but I like the to use the drying towel from wal-mart for QD's or when using poorboy's spray and wipe.

When you say "remove lots of stuff" what do you mean? Wax? Water?

·
Registered
33 Posts
remember, diswashing detergents/liquids break down wax, so its okay.
but i would let them air dry, heard ur not supposed to stick them in a dryer.. cant remember where i heard it from though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.