Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1783 Posts

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,742
are they retired? i dont see how they work unless related to the farming industry

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,745
i just painted the penthouse myself...if it was all straight flat walls it would have been fine..but so many ridges and shit to mask off

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,748
tjkode you already know what it is, you know what im saying sir

anyways...my boi from da hood lent me their chromecast h2g2-42 model

its apparently old as fuk pimp

i ran vlc player and my bluray rips, which are in mkv format

playback on my $25,000 tv was a bit choppy, but audio works...( on the internet this is a big problem)

do you think i will get smooth, perfect playback on a new model chromecast

i will not accept anything less than perfect quality...if i need to run an hdmi cable from my laptop, so be it.....but i would prefer the wireless thang you know im saying n199a

·
alias tjkode
616 Posts
tjkode you already know what it is, you know what im saying sir

anyways...my boi from da hood lent me their chromecast h2g2-42 model

its apparently old as fuk pimp

i ran vlc player and my bluray rips, which are in mkv format

playback on my $25,000 tv was a bit choppy, but audio works...( on the internet this is a big problem)

do you think i will get smooth, perfect playback on a new model chromecast

i will not accept anything less than perfect quality...if i need to run an hdmi cable from my laptop, so be it.....but i would prefer the wireless thang you know im saying n199a
Only native chromecast apps will give you good streams. If it's a screen stream from your laptop it's gonna suck, end of story.

If you want perfect streams, Roku + Plex Media Server. $100-150 for the new Roku 4k, $150 for Plex Lifetime Pass, $5 for the Plex App on the Roku. You're set for life.

At this point I will pay YOU to come over and get you set up properly b/c your streaming shenanigans are giving me a mild panic attack :run:

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,750
native chromecast apps...meaning any playeer, llike vlc which supports chromecast

·
alias tjkode
616 Posts
native chromecast apps...meaning any playeer, llike vlc which supports chromecast
No, like Youtube, which doesnt require your computer to stream the data across the network to the chromecast, the chromecast natively streams FROM Youtube when you give it a video. The streams are way better when the stick is PULLING the video vs. some PC PUSHING the video over wifi.

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,752
is there a bandwidth limitation that is causing the lag

·
alias tjkode
616 Posts
Usually its because the antennas in most end-user devices are shit, improperly sized, and do not push sufficient signal strength to maintain a stable high data rate connection.

Compared to a good Access Point / Router with multiple external antennas which can easily saturate a room and provide solid connections through walls and shit.

So Internet -> Access Point -> Bigass Antenna -> Straight to Chromecast/Roku/Anything = Great
vs
Laptop Wifi -> shitty internal Antenna -> Access Point In Antenna on Channel X -> Switching -> Access Point Out Antenna on Channel X -> Chromecast = Double Traffic Duty on Channel X = Garbage

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,754
if i use this device for nothing (absolutely nothing) other then streaming my blurays....and nothing else...no tv, no shows,etc

what would you recommend bb

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,756
thats some good advice tjkode..

i will go with the chromecast

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,757
just kidding tjkode..and i am willing to lend a hand in the search for your father too,, just ask anytime

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,758
tjkode i want to buy a fish tank and some super rare exotic fish that are on the endangered species list

do you have any experience in the matter

·
alias tjkode
616 Posts
Go to Pacific Mall with 2 bitcoin and ask for Shu in the underground parking, he'll hook a brother up with the fish

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,760
tjkode tell your dad i have the tank, i have filled the water and i have conditioned it and also added biological agent

i will be ready for fish by friday

i am planning to get a few whales and sharks

1741 - 1760 of 1783 Posts