Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
#Inkpot
5,289 Posts
Nice. Always wanted a K24 rsx. Would love to kswap the miata but the total for that project is upwards of 10k o_O

Im joining this thread. Our MN chat seems to have finally died. MN is basically Canada anyways, eh?

·
#Inkpot
5,289 Posts
Why have I not heard about this? Ive heard of the Jaguar and Ecotek swaps but not this one. This seems like a super plausible swap. Would ruin any type of classing I would ever want to do but I think Im at the point where there's no real classing where I can be competitive with this car anyways.

Very appealing, thanks for sharing.

·
I like Golf
Turbo K24 Frank DC5
3,659 Posts
i had a 1991 NA6 for a few years while my rsx was broken and just sitting in the garage
loved the way that car drove.I really wanted to put the J35 from a Honda Odyssey into it
but i really didn't want 2 highly modified cars in the garage; so i sold it and bought a motorcycle as a replacement toy

·
#Inkpot
5,289 Posts
Ive been toying around with the same idea. Mines a moderately modded 2002 SE (kinda rare). Bought it for 7k a few years ago. Tempted to get all the little kinks worked out and try selling it and my shit heap 1982 KZ650 to buy something worthwhile for a bike.

Kinda losing the itch to keep doing the same old track days.

This likely being the result of the Miata engine needing work and not wanting to put in the time/money/effort to get it back to square. Again for the intent of just running track days.

Is your K24 rsx new to you? Got pix?

·
I like Golf
Turbo K24 Frank DC5
3,659 Posts
I've had my RSX for 12 years now. She's always been my number one.

I took my Miata to a track day once.
She had Tein coils.
Sway bars.
Racing beat bracing.
Full bolt on suspension
Felt amazing
But when I took it to the track. I was so accustomed to the "power" of my RSX. I hated it.

Another thing I realized this year. Track days are 200% more fun when you go with your friends and hand similar power and skill levels.
Dog fights are so much fun.

·
#Inkpot
5,289 Posts
For sure. Most of the guys around here either moved on or are putting more time into family these days (as they grow). Either way, interest is waning and our chat thread died lol. Ive been branching out and started instructing "track days" at the semi-local police training facility. Different shops will rent it out and run HPDE's. Its tiny but but usually good for a once-a-month seat time satisfaction. Occasionally, they do standing start timed runs. Thats when its actually fun.

To the power comparison comment, I went to a BRZ after the RSX/before the miata. It was like the half way point between the two as far as driving characteristics lol.

What tracks do you folks up there frequent?

·
I like Golf
Turbo K24 Frank DC5
3,659 Posts
see, I've only driven an FRS/BRZ when they first came out, and it was an automatic at the dealership; I would love to try another one soon, since they are getting more and more affordable. would be the perfect track toy for me. and since they are aging; i'm hoping i can pick up a semi rusted/ X rocket bunny-ish car for under $5000 soon (they seem to be going for $7000ish for one that needs TLC at the moment)

I'm from Calgary Alberta, and we Race at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton

here is a video of a member on here pholai at the track

·
#Inkpot
5,289 Posts
That track looks like a lot of fun. Nice and twisty.

Yeah, mine was failry modded. Fortune auto suspension, full exhaust, off the shelf e85 tune... made maybe 200 on a good day haha.
I miss that car more its looks and creature comforts than anything else.

We have BIR up here as well but its a bit of a cruise. Going up there is a weekend thing.

This is the DCTC(police training facility) layout, they do different layouts every once and a while.

Reactions: PK
221 - 240 of 258 Posts