Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Curious Gooner
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, u might be getting alot of questions like this more and more, but i was just wondering..... What is Canada like? Can someone point me ion the right direction with a site or first hand info??

Like Living Costs, Jobs, The weather, The people, Television, Taxes/Economy, Healthcare, The Car Scene, pretty much everything

I am literally taking a shot in the dark, when trying to find information about living in Canada. So i decided to start asking here on the forums that i'm on most of the time. I'm a soon to be civil engineering graduate from TN and i have been here all my life unfortunately. But yeah, any info would be much appreciated.

***************************************************************************************************************
wow ok, this is alot of new info for me and i thank you guys. Well Whats the difference in West and East Canada? i see two sections here on the forums, but is there a major difference?? Also someone mentioned the Toronto area. What makes Toronto better than say... Ottawa, British Colombia, or Quebec??

Another question, what about the people themselves. Like here in the states, the southern people talk about being all "southern hospitality" but then when a interracial couple walk down the street they all glare and crap. Then in the north, the people are just rude, but they could care less who you are dating.

So are there certain types of people in certain regions???

Also madneo thanx for the government site.
And kevra thanx for the job site

·
EWGing!
2,823 Posts
COLD!!!. Ontario has OHIP. so you don't need to pay when you visit the doctors...

can't really tell you anything else b/c i'll be bias.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
lol...the term is 4yrs... then you vote again....

here... the opposition gov't attempts to get together in a bully move to form a coalition government and our governer general has to call a time out..... lol

oh... the healthcare... isn't free... we pay lots of taxes.

welcome to canada!

it's -17 this morning

·
Hello World
6,337 Posts
lol...the term is 4yrs... then you vote again....

here... the opposition gov't attempts to get together in a bully move to form a coalition government and our governer general has to call a time out..... lol

oh... the healthcare... isn't free... we pay lots of taxes.

welcome to canada!

it's -17 this morning
Celsius! :laughing:

OP, you should mention, or try to mention where in Canada you are thinking of moving to. Stay away from Quebec :laughing:

·
STI Crew
1,353 Posts
Celsius! :laughing:

OP, you should mention, or try to mention where in Canada you are thinking of moving to. Stay away from Quebec :laughing:
Agreed.

Ottawa too.

there all fucked for that matter.

Oh, and dont even think about Newfoundland. Well, not unless you want to bring your sister and eat whale blubber.

No, seriously. Look at Toronto and GTA (Greater Toronto Area) region.

Taxes - Depends on income. But it can range to nearly half your salary

Healthcare- Free, and decent compared to some third world countries. But expect to wait forever.

Traffic - Fucking brutal, and dont expect to speed, they take your car. oh, and your life davings.

Housing - If you can afford ever increasing property taxes and withstand the smell of curry pouring from your neighbors, rock out!

Beer / Hockey - The only real savior to us Canadians.

amen.

·
ex-rsxer
8,204 Posts
Don't forget gas prices, I was in the US recently and its facking cheap!

This isn't the first time I've heard about an American wanting to move to Canada lol Our economy isn't great right now, but were not in nearly as bad of shape as you guys. Looking long term, you'd be much better to own money and property in Canada.

Our TV is the same dude lmao there were always select channels we didn't get (unless you had a US satellite) such as HBO, showtime, but I think we have those now on Canadian cable/dish. Comedy channel sucks compared to Comedy central, but that's why we download so much in Canada ;)

The car scene in the GTA is great man! We have a ton of groups/meets, and a ton of tracks and track days. Drag strip too. Whatever you're into.

Housing I think is more expensive/tougher to qualify, but then again we don't tend to lose our property to the banks as much :D

·
Fancy 'Camshit'
1,392 Posts

·
Curious Gooner
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow ok, this is alot of new info for me and i thank you guys. Well Whats the difference in West and East Canada? i see two sections here on the forums, but is there a major difference?? Also someone mentioned the Toronto area. What makes Toronto better than say... Ottawa, British Colombia, or Quebec??

Another question, what about the people themselves. Like here in the states, the southern people talk about being all "southern hospitality" but then when a interracial couple walk down the street they all glare and crap. Then in the north, the people are just rude, but they could care less who you are dating.

So are there certain types of people in certain regions???

Also madneo thanx for the government site.
And kevra thanx for the job site

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Canada revolves around Toronto, Vancouver & Montreal

Ottawa - boring

We welcome all immigrants, refugees, undesirables, and the usa no-fly ppl on the list etc. :laughing:

·
Curious Gooner
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The french are in quebec, the honkeys up north ontario, and asians and indians everywhere else :laughing:
Indians like native Americans??

·
EWGing!
2,823 Posts
yeah Canada can careless about interracial stuff.. thats black on whites, white on rice, gays couples etc.....

we are one of the most multicultural cities in the world.

·
Banned
75,977 Posts
Didn't read thread, but I can tell you this:

-We are not lumberjacks and eskimos
-We do not live in igloos
-It is cold, but not worse than parts of the northern states (mostly)
-Taxes are high
-Healthcare is free
-Government is whimpy
-Less violent crime than the US
-More strict about weapons (ie. you can't really carry a gun)
-We are accepting of pretty much anything
-BC>The rest of Canada IMO.....
-The roads are smaller, and drivers are much less insane

·
/
1,855 Posts
Didn't read thread, but I can tell you this:

-We are not lumberjacks and eskimos
-We do not live in igloos
-It is cold, but not worse than parts of the northern states (mostly)
-Taxes are high
-Healthcare is free
-Government is whimpy
-Less violent crime than the US
-More strict about weapons (ie. you can't really carry a gun)
-We are accepting of pretty much anything
-BC>The rest of Canada IMO.....
-The roads are smaller, and drivers are much less insane
vancouver > the rest

drivers are stupider though.. we really don't have a fast lane.. =/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts