Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eopat CarANeB
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian RSX *Installing OEM Fog lights with American Switch Harness*

You have probably heard that the American Switch Harness and Canadian Switch Harness are different. So after struggling myself I have decided to write up an explanation on how to modify the switch harness to work in our Canadian RSX’s. Doesn’t require too much effort just a little of patience.

American Switch Harness: Requires only 7 of the 12 wires.
Canadian Switch Harness: Required all 12 wires.

Vehicle Harness
Type S & Premiere Model: Contains all 12 wires. The addition wires are for heated mirrors, heated seats and day time running light.

Base Model: Contains 11 wires. With exception of one wire which is for heated seats.

Step 1: I expect that you have removed the center console. If you haven’t please refer to guide posted on clubrsx:

Click Here

Step 2: Locate your vehicle 12 pin vehicle harness. Remove the 12 pin harness from the vehicle harness if you haven’t already. (Located underneath the cup holder you removed.)

Step 3: To remove the wires you are going to need a small pin and a small screw driver. There is a plastic casing over the 12 pin connecter than you must move before the wires can be removed. Use your small screwdriver to pry the plastic casing off; you may need to use a small amount of force. (Do this for both the 12 pin vehicle harness and the 12 pin switch harness)

Step 4: Once the plastic casing is removed. You can now remove the wires from the connecter. Locate a small plastic gray clip on the front of the connecter (The side with no wires) use your pin and press the clip down to release the wire. The wire should slide out smoothly (no expressive force is needed; you don’t want to break it.: ) )

Step 5: Check the images attached to see what wires to remove. Removing the 4 or 5 wires (depending on your model). Take the wires you removed from the vehicle harness and connect them directly to the switch harness. I recommend removing one wire at a time.

Vehicle Harness: Wiring

Switch Harness: Wiring

Step 6: After all wires have been moved. Place the plastic clips back on the connectors and connect the harnesses. Now you have working Day Time Running Lights, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
re

Great post man.Hopefully this will help people out so they do not have to encounter the same frustration we did.Glad I could offer some help anyway.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem, Canadian RSX with an American fog light harness and DRL no longer working. I read what was posted, not clear on what needs to be done to fix problem.

Installing the harness originally, below the ashtray you disconnected the vehicle 12 pin connector and then plugged in the switch harnesses male and female ends into the corresponding plug in which you just disconnected.

So now I have to take some or all of these connections apart and do what with them?

I am assuming that the problem is that not all the wiring connections from the vehicle wiring harness have carried on, so what needs to be done is to bridge the wiring across the original vehicle connector because the switch harness doesn't continue with all the circuits.

I am just guessing here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey thanks for all the reply's and help, figured it out for myself. For the next person who stumbles across this posting this is what I did.

I ended up reconnecting the original 12 pin connector under the ash tray as it was before the fog light harness. The fog light harness has two 12 pin connectors where it tied into the original 12 pin connector under the ash tray area. The two 12 pin connectors on the fog light harness are wired in parallel to one another so I cut off one of the ends and tied it directly into the 12 pin vehicle harness and plugged it into the remaining 12 pin fog harness connector.

So basically I just tapped off the existing 12 pin wiring harness for the fog harness.

Got my DRL back and the fogs work as they should. All is good.

So I could use the fogs with my high or low beams I grounded the R/W wire coming off the fog switch which will bypass the combination light switch. Doing this prevents turning off the fogs when the high beams are engaged.

If you want to have the fogs on anytime you want you will also have to run the R/Y wire from the fog relay to a power source which is hot when the ignition is on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts