Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a shop in Kelowna today getting price quotes for I/H/E and the guy said his supplier told him that the AEM cold air intake wont fit the Canadian Type S...only the American Type S.......I've never heard of any difference between them...Is he right??

·
̿̿ '̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̿ ̿
915 Posts
same car

edit: mechanic is a moron don't take your car there

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
differences:
- DRL - That's electrical related, differences are all in the dash
- windshield washer fluid bottle - If I remember correctly, Canadian washer bottles are bigger than the US's, and we have the fluid level sensor
- heated seats - certain US models don't have heated seats.

plus what's mentioned above

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Gunmetal rims too, on the pre-2005 model.

Other than that... let's use a lil common sense. AEM doesn't make a "Canada specific" CAI.
The only thing you have to change is the washer-fluid bottle, which sits in the way of the CAI ducting, and possibly trim out a little piece of fender liner.
This applies to both US and Canadian models.

·
e90
115,535 Posts
Gunmetal rims too, on the pre-2005 model.

Other than that... let's use a lil common sense. AEM doesn't make a "Canada specific" CAI.
The only thing you have to change is the washer-fluid bottle, which sits in the way of the CAI ducting, and possibly trim out a little piece of fender liner.
This applies to both US and Canadian models.
BUT, the AEM wont work cause our washer bottles get moved to the passenger side, and cant fit due to the larger bottle size. Only the INJEN CAI will work since u get a new washer bottle from INJEN

·
Registered
872 Posts
headlights are different as well. not many people notice but if you have a closer look you'll see what im talking about in the 05-06

1 - 20 of 31 Posts