Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
wana join the pen15 club?
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...the gap aboe my headlights and grille has been large for some time.....and its really really really starting to bother me. ive searched and checked my car and cant seem to find somewhere to adjust it though.

ill get a pic if neccessary...but if i could adjust the hook on the hood that feeds into the latch it would be fine...except its stationary. i tried adjusting the latch as much as possible....and at the hinges...but nothin...

basicall...with my hood shut, it doesnt even rest on the rubber bumpers its so high....and the bumpers are screwed all the way out

·
i-Vtec dog
769 Posts
I had this problem too, and the manager of a bodyshop helped me out.

There are two black rubber stops mounted on the metal frame of your car behind your headlights. Try turning them clockwise is lower the rubber stopper so your hood can rest closer to your headlights.

·
wana join the pen15 club?
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as i said before...the rubber bumpers play no role in it....

and there is no front end damage.....the car used to be red...and i didnt notice it as much....but ever sine i went to white that dark gap stands out a lot more.

the bumpers could be all the way down...all the way up...it doesnt matter...still stops at the same spot.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
hey man, I have a white car w/hood gap too so I feel ya.

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas that you haven't already tried.... The only thing I'm curious about is when you say the 'hinges'. Is there an adjustment there as well? I tried my bump stops but if I go any lower with those it only helps the front minimal and then the sides sit lower than the fender grrrr.... I'll let you know if I figure anything out. :thumbsup:

·
del
7,360 Posts
My hood doesn't close quite as far as it could. I can push down on the front and it will move into place, which is about half an inch from where it sits without pushing on it. Whenever I pull my hood release there isn't that "pop" anymore. I'd really like to know what kind of adjustments I can make to get my hood to close better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts