Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the driver's side door lock actuator and didn't put something in the correct position as I was only able to open the door from the outside. I took the door panel off again, tried a different position for that part I thought I may have not had correct the first time, put the door panel back on and now after shutting the door I can't open it from the inside or outside.

The actuator is still working and I can lock/unlock but I can't use either handle to actually disengage the mechanism that is holding the door shut. And I can't remove the door panel since I can't get below it from the inside with the door shut to pull it off from the bottom.

No idea if there is any way to get this door open again than to cut into the door panel and even then not sure that is going to work. If anybody has any idea if there is actually a way to open the door I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have no idea. I would cut into the door panel and look for a new one or pay someone to fix it because I would be piss as hell.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Anyway to see someone else so you could stick something in there and actuate it. Maybe pull the passenger apart and see what you could pull on from above. I did a right door handle and just can't remember enough to describe. It sounds obvious the actuator popped out and if you could move it from above by the window. Does your cops unlock cars any more? An unlock service could do it as they or you just need to move it. I just thought figuring out what you are fishing for you may get lucky as I remember it a pain in the ass to work in that small space

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Maybe removing the inside handle assembly will let you get at the end of the lock cable. Sounds like you failed to connect it to the handle assembly.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Maybe removing the inside handle assembly will let you get at the end of the lock cable. Sounds like you failed to connect it to the handle assembly.
A locksmith will jimmy that open in less than a minute. Don't cut your panel up ;)
You also might be able to remove the door handle and pull on the lever manually, if the handle is what is disconnected. Sounds like it's disconnected at the latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts