Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
From Tha Lone Star State
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a stock TSX 6spd shift knob and im tryin 2 take off the stock aluminum 6 speed one but idk htf to! I figured you have 2 unscrew it but its not going anywhere! Some1 help me out!!!
ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED

·
Registered
02 Rsx Base converted to manual k24a2
1,303 Posts
sometimes there is a nut under the knob that you have to loosen up before unscrewing the knob. Did you check for a nut? If so, you should just be able to unscrew it with out any issues.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Ok, first, the stock knob is a plastic knob with silver over the top on a type S, black on a base.

If thats the case you have to firmly grab the plastic ring below it and pull/push down towards the ground. The boot will detach from the knob and you will be able to loosen it off.

If it is the solid aluminum accessory knob then you have to back off the lock nut under it first. Looking top down, you want to turn it clockwise.

·
Registered
02 Rsx Base converted to manual k24a2
1,303 Posts
Ok, first, the stock knob is a plastic knob with silver over the top on a type S, black on a base.

If thats the case you have to firmly grab the plastic ring below it and pull/push down towards the ground. The boot will detach from the knob and you will be able to loosen it off.

If it is the solid aluminum accessory knob then you have to back off the lock nut under it first. Looking top down, you want to turn it clockwise.
Oh yea, i didn't know which one he had. But yea, let us know how it goes.

·
From Tha Lone Star State
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES!!!! Thanks you guys!!! I just put it on in like 3 minutes. I unscrewed the nut right under the shift knob clockwise...........o yea it was the aluminum knob by the way. MAN! The TSX Shift knob looks F'N FRESH!!!!! I wanna post some pics but my blackberry is messed up, thats how i post pics..........check out my type S back in December when i got it, i havent done anything 2 it up til now except the shift knob 2day.
http://cardomain.com/ride/3076249

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Didn't like the alumini one? And isn't it counter-clockwise? Or am I wrong? :dontknow:

·
From Tha Lone Star State
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Aluminum one is cool but i was looking everywhere 4 another nice 1 and the TSX knob was the SIKEST by FAR, and its gonna go great with the ITR center console, red stitched shift boot, ITR pedal set, ITR red floor mats and JDM red door panels...................

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
YES!!!! Thanks you guys!!! I just put it on in like 3 minutes. I unscrewed the nut right under the shift knob clockwise...........o yea it was the aluminum knob by the way. MAN! The TSX Shift knob looks F'N FRESH!!!!! I wanna post some pics but my blackberry is messed up, thats how i post pics..........check out my type S back in December when i got it, i havent done anything 2 it up til now except the shift knob 2day.
http://cardomain.com/ride/3076249
the aluminum one looks much better than that tsx leather aluminum combo.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Didn't like the alumini one? And isn't it counter-clockwise? Or am I wrong? :dontknow:
It would be counter-clockwise if you were looking up from under the car. You need to thread the lock nut further onto the shifter to get it away from the knob.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
^bologna.... i like the TSX knob a lot... i think the leather/ alum looks hot with leather seats
to each his own, but no, it doesn't. it looks like an aluminum finger with a leather band-aid on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts