Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

pretty much a question for those of you with the 4 point harness installed.. i want em.. however.. 2 questions...
Will they fit and work with my stock type S seats....

if no fine.. ill get new seats.. but the airbags... if i disconnect the airbags on the seats will it screw up the safety system???

I would ratha just use the harness on the stock ones.. if possible... however i hate how the leather degrades after some time and gets all cracked... Sucks eh...

0- sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thats great to hear !!!!!... ill probaby by a pair this week.. any certain instructions or do the seats have to unbolt to attach the belts??? Or is instructions prety much supplied with the harness ..

Lastly... what brand do you recommend.. or anyone... I've looked on the net but cant find any good istes to buy em.. can i use like a Racarro or Momo belt?????

or does it have to be special

·
you will bow to me
3,938 Posts
The lap portion mounts to the same points as the stock lap portion. The two shoulder straps mount to the lower rear points. If it is a three point harness I think it could mount to the rear top mount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Demon, you getting the snap in.... from what i read so far now.. they can be removed... and the bolt in ones stay in there permanently..

- sean

·
Team S.C.A.P.
414 Posts
I'm getting the bolt in and removing the stock belts. The retractable harnesses have a setup similar to the stock belts w/ inertia locks, ability to move. Then you turn a dial and it locks them up like a typical racing harness.

From Corbueau's website:
Retractable Option: The all-new Corbeau Retractable Harness Belt provides drivers the full movement capability of an everyday driving OEM belt. With the simple turn of knob, these retractable belts instantly restrict movement and provide the support and safety of race application.

·
you will bow to me
3,938 Posts
The bolt ins are great, that is what I use, for some reason the snap ins strike me as the possibility of not being put in right and failing at the wrong time:dontknow:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
i have the schroth's.... they're actually dot approved for our stock seats.....when i want to use them, i clip them through the hole in the top, when i don't, they just sit on the back seat floorboard :thumbsup:

·
28,750 Posts
sfmadmax said:
Hey guys,

pretty much a question for those of you with the 4 point harness installed.. i want em.. however.. 2 questions...
Will they fit and work with my stock type S seats....

if no fine.. ill get new seats.. but the airbags... if i disconnect the airbags on the seats will it screw up the safety system???

I would ratha just use the harness on the stock ones.. if possible... however i hate how the leather degrades after some time and gets all cracked... Sucks eh...

0- sean
Disconnecting the side airbags (removing the seat) turns off your front airbag. You'll then need a harness.

You can use the stock ones as said above.

About the leather, you can get coloured inserts available in Suede and Leather from www.katzkin.com which are better than the OEM leather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts