Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive been thinking about getting a car cover. protect it from bird shit, tree sap, lil kids running around with greasy fingers. everytime i wash my car, its dirty again after one day. and it gets really dusty quick. the concern is will it scratch up my paint or harm it? and are there any waterproof car covers?

538 Posts
don't worry about the waterproof make sure it breathes also. It can really conduct real heat if you notice when you cover your food before you put it in the microwave it gets extremely hot. I went to target and bought a car cover... it sorta scatched my car a little bit, but it came out pretty quicky. Its useful if you don't drive your car for a while. I have no time to put it on and take it off since i have school everyday now 8-5. So think it over before you really need it i used mine for 2 weeks and returned it. For me all i use is my microfiber towel to wipe the dust away and quick detail all the dirt off my car.

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hate it when people touch my car for no reason, sit on it, lean on it, damn kids running around it. when i see that going on, i push my panic button and they all run away. looks coo lol

· 3709 in the Hizouse
233 Posts
bought mine at costco for 37$, found the same one online for 159$. Works great when I 'm not driving my car for a few days.

· Registered
172 Posts
Ok, no one has really answered the question....and I was wondering the same....will a high quality (i.e. the OEM acura) car-cover scratch paint/clearcoat....my car gets dusty quicky too where I live.

· Registered
7 Posts
The OEM cover shouldn't scratch your paint if the car is clean when you put the cover on.

You also need to balance the risk of not using a car cover v. using a car cover. I work at a chemical plant and I'd rather take the risk of a minor scratch from a car cover than the effects of constant industrial fallout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.