Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having this strange run ability issue with my 2005 Rsx Type-s it has been down for a little and has a check engine light which is p2647. The car would come in and out of limp mode so I thought that the problem could be the vtec solenoid so I replaced it but now lately when I start my car it starts like normal then when I drive it down the street it will die out of nowhere and won’t start unless I pump the gas a bunch of times. I’m feeling a little stumped on what the problem can be because the fuel pump is working, injectors are working spark plugs are fairly new just unsure what the problem can be at this point

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You also may have replace the wrong part. There is a pressure sensor which is next to the solenoid. Did you check oil level. You still in limp mode it won't run right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You also may have replace the wrong part. There is a pressure sensor which is next to the solenoid. Did you check oil level. You still in limp mode it won't run right.
The new solenoid had a new screen in it and the oil level is good just unsure what to look at next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I am having this strange run ability issue with my 2005 Rsx Type-s it has been down for a little and has a check engine light which is p2647. The car would come in and out of limp mode so I thought that the problem could be the vtec solenoid so I replaced it but now lately when I start my car it starts like normal then when I drive it down the street it will die out of nowhere and won’t start unless I pump the gas a bunch of times. I’m feeling a little stumped on what the problem can be because the fuel pump is working, injectors are working spark plugs are fairly new just unsure what the problem can be at this point

I had the same code. I replaced the Vtec screen bc I thought it will be fixed. Nupe! If you changed oil regularly, the screen s/b clean. The problem was the oil pressure solenoid in the vtec assembly. It was the connector cracked due to heat from the exhaust for 15 yrs. You need to check the solenoid and the connector, assumed that you had already replaced both vTec screens. Ebay sales the new connector

·
Bighavic
39 Posts
I recommend replacing the whole Vtec unit as a assembly. In some cases replacing the solenoid and pressure switch won’t clear the code. I also recommended cleaning out the VTC actuator (mounted on the front side of the engine) also.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I' not so sure the issues are related. Not sure if a throttle position sensor can fail like this, but it sounds kind of fuel related. The crank position sensor comes to mind, but I don't know if it can fail like that, and not sure if there would be a more related code. The other stuff even going into limp will keep going, for it to just die is something else. When it restarts and runs, it eliminates certain things. Top of page one is a downloadable manual and has tests for some of the sensors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts