Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Parking lights should flash. It shouldn't beep if you hit lock one time. It only beeps if you hit it twice

·
Broke College Student
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parking lights should flash. It shouldn't beep if you hit lock one time. It only beeps if you hit it twice
Yea when I lock it twice it doesn't beep, could it have something to do with when I put in new lights

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
you sure every door is locked? my would lock and my car wouldnt beep.. check my passenger door and it was unlocked.. actuator was shot. Worst part was I didnt even notice it until like 2 days of doing so, i was leaving my passenger door unlocked the whole time

·
I am not perfect...
465 Posts
I had this problem before and then I found out that the hatch actuator is shot and I have to manually lock the. In order for it to enable the security, all doors, hatch and even the hood should be lock.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I had this problem before and then I found out that the hatch actuator is shot and I have to manually lock the. In order for it to enable the security, all doors, hatch and even the hood should be lock.
I was gonna mention checking the hatch and hood but I wasnt 100% sure if that mattered.

·
Broke College Student
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
And youre positive every door is closed and locked? Just the horn isnt beeping?

Leave a window open, lock up the car, press the lock button twice as it would mean the car is armed.. reach in the window, unlock and open the door, that should set off the alarm, if the lights flash like the car alarm is going off but no horn, maybe there's a short or problem with the horn itself?

Just an idea id try if I had this problem.

·
MECP Installer
496 Posts

Leave a window open, lock up the car, press the lock button twice as it would mean the car is armed.. reach in the window, unlock and open the door, that should set off the alarm, if the lights flash like the car alarm is going off but no horn, maybe there's a short or problem with the horn itself?

Exactly this. Verify if it's a horn problem or an alarm problem. Move from there.

·
I <3 DIYs
139 Posts
If all three of the actuators on the car works, the horn should sound, tail lights and headlight city lights should flash. Good luck.

·
Broke College Student
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I took your advice and tried it and the alarm didn't even go off, I tried a few more times and nothing the alarm still didnt go off. Could there be something wrong with a fuse or something.

·
280 Posts
My car didn't beep last time and i was looking around and realized my hood wasn't closed all the way. so that could be it, maybe?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts