Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are those car dusters ok to use? i would think they could possibly cause swirls or something like that since the dirt on it might scratch the the paint? im i just paranoid? i dont want to buy it & wash it after each use.

G

·
they're fine but ONLY ONLY ONLY for light dust. if your car is dirty, wash it. they're used at car shows on very expensive cars so they are good products, but just make sure the car is totally dry, and only use it on very light dust. anything more can scratch your car.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what if i dust the car once a day? im guessing i should clean the duster once a week to be safe? possibly once every 2 weeks?

·
Registered
201 Posts
TypeS-in-LA said:
so what if i dust the car once a day? im guessing i should clean the duster once a week to be safe? possibly once every 2 weeks?
I've never cleaned mine, still does an excellent job of removing light DUST and only DUST. If it rains -- but it never rains in Seattle ;) -- that dust turns to dirt after it dries and a car wash is needed. As I said, I've never cleaned mine, and I've had it two years now and do use it as often as I can.

·
Registered
201 Posts
RydinSmoothX said:
ur never supposed to clean the duster........the dirtier it gets the better it does its job.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RydinSmoothX said:
ur never supposed to clean the duster........the dirtier it gets the better it does its job.
im going to get one....whats the best kind to get? or all they pretty much all the same?

G

·
The Original California Car Duster is the best. Make sure you dont clean it though, because the dirtier it gets, the better it gets. Also, when you first get it, leave it on a newspaper in order to get some of the oil out of it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The CCD with the wooden handle is the original and, apparently, has longer strands to it and is a little bit more expensive. I've got the one with the plastic handle (and the mini Duster came with it from Costco for the dash) which, as I understand it, has shorter strands.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool, im going to get the combo kit after work...how long should i leave the 2 dusters on newspaper before i start using it?

how much did you guys pay for yours?

G

·
Leave it on there for a couple of days at least. The newspaper will be completely saturated in the oil (or maybe it is some sort of wax). When you dust the windows, you will be able to see some oil streaks, so you need to keep it on the newspaper longer if that happens.

·
wookin' po nub...
332 Posts
Yeah, these are the instructions it says on the box itself. Don't worry though, if you have to use it, you have to use it.

I was only able to leave it on newspaper for like 2 1/2 hours before I HAD to use it. It worked okay. Do not put any extra pressure on the car with it, though. The wax on the duster may leave some streaking on the car....very minor though. Besides, its not really swirl marks that's left, only wax that has been accidentallly applied from your duster. You can wipe it off easily.

I just did this this past Saturday, so its fresh in my mind. :thumbsup:

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
Yeah... the first time I used mine (on a different car), I had some streaks from the oil on it. They came off really easily next time I washed the car.

The one thing you have to remember though, is to not like, rub the thing around the car. From what I understand, you're not even supposed to let the duster rest on the car... just let like the bottom 1/2-inch of the material lightly brush across the car. It works really well... I'll be picking another one up again fairly soon.

G

·
Damn dude, what is with all the questions, it is just a car duster. I think I got mine on sale for 12 bucks or something, just for the duster. Just go buy one already!!!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:laughing: LOL:laughing: i knew someone would say that sooner or later...im buying one after work...thanks for all your help:thumbsup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
WOTM_RSX said:
The Original California Car Duster is the best. Make sure you dont clean it though, because the dirtier it gets, the better it gets. Also, when you first get it, leave it on a newspaper in order to get some of the oil out of it.
:iamwiths:

G

·
Yea i love my CCD ! it works great but however mine got rained on and left outside from my Fuckin mom so i gotta buy another :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts