Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. When rolling in neutral, normally it rolls really smooth, and rolls forever, until slowly coming to a stop, now it slows down as if the parking brake is pulled up just a few notches. You can definetaly tell there is resistance. It is weird. And of course I have checked, the parking brake is not engaged at all, there is nothing under the handle propping it up at all.

Not sure if it makes a differance but I do use the parking brake everytime I park, but I have had the car for 4 yers and I've always done the same.

Any suggestions?, or idea's as to what could be wrong? I got new pads put on about a year ago, and I think they resurfaced the discs, they might have been replaced, I forget.

Car's an 02 Type S.

·
LightAsAmmo
4,399 Posts
does your brake light ever come on while ur driving

·
LightAsAmmo
4,399 Posts
my car did this randomly too. But when I would drive the brake light would sometimes come on. I just needed the rears resurfaced

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my car did this randomly too. But when I would drive the brake light would sometimes come on. I just needed the rears resurfaced
I'll have to check my records to see if they were new discs or just resurfaced.

I've heard of parking brake cables becoming loose, but never the opposite.

·
Spicy Raccoon
28,537 Posts
Almost sounds like your parking brake cable got over tightened when it was adjusted last.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost sounds like your parking brake cable got over tightened when it was adjusted last.
I have no idea when this was last done, and it was not recent if at all.
wheel bearings, rotor(s) warped???
rear caliper bolts not sliding freely?
I have no idea, I haven't tryed looking yet. I was going to see if anyone else had this issue.

Can the above 2 things just happen out of the blue?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Sounds like your calipers are sticking to the caliper brackets, you could pull the calipers and greese the slides.....:rolleyes:

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like your calipers are sticking to the caliper brackets, you could pull the calipers and greese the slides.....:rolleyes:
I'm not as tech savy as you, why are you rolling you're eyes?

·
7,611 Posts
I have no idea when this was last done, and it was not recent if at all.

I have no idea, I haven't tryed looking yet. I was going to see if anyone else had this issue.

Can the above 2 things just happen out of the blue?
out of the blue? You mean without assistance, or overnight?! :D

Maybe not overnight, but I guess a caliper pin could slowly lose its lubrication and then suddenly be noticeable.....

·
7,611 Posts
Wheel bearings usually make a lot of noise when they go bad, DJCarbine has the right idea for helping locate the problem.....

·
7,611 Posts
also, seems to me that parking brake cables can seize, though if that were the case I think you'd be able to tell by pulling the parking brake lever

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
also, seems to me that parking brake cables can seize, though if that were the case I think you'd be able to tell by pulling the parking brake lever
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll probablt look at it before the weekend.

The parking brake seems fine, I'll start by finding out which wheel hates me

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
could be the fronts too - unless you're certain the dragging is from the rear end of the car.....
I have no idea which one it is, I am going to check all four.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
can you pull the e-brake all the way up, like normal
Ya the e-brake seems/feels fine, and works normal too. It doesn't get hung up while disengaging, seems to work perfectly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts