Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the first launch since owning my 03 rsx-s and it launched fine but when trying to shift into second it wouldn’t go. So I came to a stop to attempt launching again to find out that now I’m physically locked out of first gear. as if there is something blocking the way of me putting the shifter into first gear. I don’t know much about transmissions so I’m unsure where to start. For clarity I can put the car into second gear and start driving from there. So clutch is fine and every other gear goes in and works. Just first gear will not allow me in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That sounds like to me that your first gear in the transmission grinded down and broke or that the synchro broke and that it's time to get your transmission replaced if you want to go the cheap way you can just replace the first gear I recommend replacing the entire transmission I've already gone through this problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’ll probably ride this trans out for awhile n swap it out if I find a good deal I guess. Can any k series trans bolt up to my motor? And are there any good/bad ones I should look out for?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just to confirm it is a transmission issue, can you put the car into 1st gear when the car is off?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The transmission gear is broken first gear is broken you need to replace transmission if not the worst thing that can happen is eventually all the gears will give out I had this happen to me already

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saw all these vids on YouTube of people abusing the piss out of their stock rsx trans going from reverse then throwing it into first and launching while still rolling backwards.. so figured I’d be able to do ONE standing launch. Nope. I’ll contact some transmission shops around me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts