Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. After I installed the Progress rear sway bar (which I am going to take off due to fitment issues), my car started bouncing A LOT. At first I thought it was because of the rear sway bar because it is supposed to stiffen the rear, but it feels more like a shock problem. After every little/big bump, my car starts bouncing like crazy until there are absolutely no bumps on the road... then it gradually stops bouncing. It feels like it's coming from the rear of my car. I thought the rear sway bar is supposed to change the feel of the car when turning... not driving straight over the smallest bump on the road (that arent even visible!). BTW, i'm lowered on h&r springs.

My question is... Is this a sign of blown rear shocks? Or is this due to the rear sway bar? I've had different opinions, but I think it is my shocks.

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dunno. it puzzles me. i'm gonna be switching back to the stock rear sway this weekend. if the probably doesnt go away, and i think it wont, then i'm going to assume that it's probably the shocks.

·
wtfhax0r
7,507 Posts
how long have you been running the h&r's for? ive been on h&r's for a while now and i havent had any problems yet so maybe it had to do with the sway bar installation..

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive been running on the h&r's for maybe 1-2 years now... not sure lol. but yea, it's weird how it happened instantly after i put on the sway bar... ill keep you guys updated sicne im taking it off in a couple days.

thanks for your opinions!

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ yea mine hits the exhaust too. it doesnt touch it by like 1mm, but when i start the car... obviously it rattles cuz of the exhaust. and going over bumps it clunks

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so, i just took off the sway bar yesterday and i have come to the conclusion that my shocks were probably already blown before i put the sway bar on. its just that after i put on the sway bar, it made the bouncing a lot more noticeable since it stiffens the rear. after i took it off, it feels the same as it did with the stock sway (the bounciness).

·
Ba*G Bro's INC Since 1986
715 Posts
two solutions, either struts or shocks, or your alignment. I had my clutch and flywheel installed a while back and the ride was really choppy and bouncy, i had no idea what it was, so my friend who was the mechanic told me to get an alignment, because he had messed with my subframe and suspension during the installation. After the alignment, the car was back to normal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts