Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my car is "boggling" when decelerating while in gear...it's always around 1500ish and it boggles more in the lower gear. It definitely doesn't sound good because I'd be slowing down in traffic in my 2nd gear or something, then when it gets to like 1500rpm, the car "boggles" or like jumps back and forth.

I KNOW the car jumps back and forth, but it's not that effect. It's like my transmission drops or something. And also I get this "boggling" sound when I turn my car off. I thought it was something with the cai hitting the frame or something, but it's not. When I turn it off, it sounds like it just gurgled water or something. lol and, no i didn't hydrolock before..

I haven't done compression test this weekend because I was too busy having fun...but could compression possibly create this boggling effect??

btw...the car's at 114k...:noes:

·
I read your email...
1,069 Posts
Did you have someone with a mechanical background check it out? Maybe Acura?

I've got the same problem and I feel your pain. I know it's not normal or else people would be complaining a lot more. I've replaced two freakin motor mounts which helped a bit, but now it's really bad. I'm not sure what it is. I've driven several other RSXs and those aren't no where near as "jumpy." I also am really conscientious about rev-matching and such as not to abuse the components. I hope someone here has some good input.

Good luck.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i have the same problem....i think its the tps sensor im checkin it out tonight

·
Registered
793 Posts
mine was boggin low rpms and idleing high i had to order new throttle body because the tps sensor was bad (low voltage) thank god for warranty

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
Alright haha

Reset ECU..

and call me in the mornin

Check Air Filter
Sparkplugs and IACV

Maybe fuel filter too?
Good suggestions.

Actually what your car is doing is bucking because the car is trying to keep from stalling out. Cars will normally buck at low RPMS especially when driving in traffic when you're on and off the throttle. Unless the car is stalling out at other times I don't think I would worry about it too much and just put it in neutral or switch to a lower gear before you get to 1700 RPMs. When your decelerating, once you get past like 2500 or so your not getting much engine braking anyway. My car bucks too when driving in traffic and I let it rev too low in a gear. It's most noticeable in 1st and 2nd. Doesn't really do it in higher gears. Normal stuff.

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Oh and if your decelerating and your in second and you let it get down to 1500rpms..... PUSH IN THE CLUTCH. If by "boggling" you mean "bogging" then its because your engine is moving to slow for the speed of the car and by keeping the clutch out you are basically on the brink of stalling your engine. Push in the clutch and then everything will be fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts