Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Quack Quack
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this guy who hates me for no reason keyed my car this morning/last night. He wrote "Fuck U" on the part of the body right under the rear hatch glass, and then just keyed every panel except my front bumper, back bumper, and top panel. It's pretty deep, down to the metal. I'm guessing there's only one solution, and that's to give it to a body shop and have them sand and re-paint? Anyone know how much that runs? And does anyone know if there are any temporary solutions I can put on the metal to stop rusting, b/c this might not get resolved until after summer, because the fucker went home today from college.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Man, that is really horrible. I am so sorry to hear about your car.

Ever seen Pulp Fiction? Remember what John Travolta said about people who mess with cars? So true.

Sadly enough, you are looking at a repaint. You may be able to find a shop that can airbrush and wetsand the scratches, but from what you have described, it is a repaint.

Sorry again. Hard to think rationally at times like this, but just remember that it is just a car.

No need to retaliate, he will get his in the end.

·
Quack Quack
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did file a report, but that doesn't mean he'll get caught. Fortunately, the cops said that this was some serious stuff, because, since I'm Asian, they can classify it as a hate crime (The guy who I think did it has a history of hate). I guess I'll take it to Gary Force and see what they quote me.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
No matter what you do, you need to file a report with the police and get your insurance involved. This is especially true if you know who did it.

Edit: Heh, just saw your new post. Good luck catching him.

·
Royale with cheese.
487 Posts
mistaclean said:
Man, that is really horrible. I am so sorry to hear about your car.

Ever seen Pulp Fiction? Remember what John Travolta said about people who mess with cars? So true.

Sadly enough, you are looking at a repaint. You may be able to find a shop that can airbrush and wetsand the scratches, but from what you have described, it is a repaint.

Sorry again. Hard to think rationally at times like this, but just remember that it is just a car.

No need to retaliate, he will get his in the end.
pulp fiction line is very true

·
Tyler
398 Posts
jphesterly said:
pulp fiction line is very true
:iamwiths:

I would kill somebody for that...seriously. If I ever found the person, I would go to jail. I get irrational thoughts sometimes...and you don't **** with other people's cars period. Expecially mine :flame:

BTW I'm very sorry to hear that dude. That's a horrifying story :(

·
Quack Quack
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blackandred said:
Wow. So crimes committed against nonwhites are automatically hate crimes?
:confused:

I don't want to get into the situation, but yes, in this case, it is possibly a hate crime. It wasn't "automatically" one. There's a difference between scratching a car and etching hateful words into it, especially since this guy has a history of hate. He posted a letter in the international dorm that wasn't very cool, and attacked general groups of people.

Hate is not cool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quacker said:
So this guy who hates me for no reason keyed my car this morning/last night. He wrote "Fuck U" on the part of the body right under the rear hatch glass, and then just keyed every panel except my front bumper, back bumper, and top panel. It's pretty deep, down to the metal. I'm guessing there's only one solution, and that's to give it to a body shop and have them sand and re-paint? Anyone know how much that runs? And does anyone know if there are any temporary solutions I can put on the metal to stop rusting, b/c this might not get resolved until after summer, because the fucker went home today from college.
First off, if you know who did this then maybe you can inform the police and maybe they can get him to confess some how. Or to incriminate himself. Then you wouldn't have to shell out the money for something that wasnt your fault. Think it over first!! Or go get him good too.... :dontknow:

·
Registered
3 Posts
blackandred said:
Wow. So crimes committed against nonwhites are automatically hate crimes?
:confused:
Yea...whats that all about. What if a minority comites a crime against a white....is that a hate crime? Well lets not get on that topic, its a site for RSX lovers, not a criminal justice class! :firemad:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quacker said:
I feel your pain, and that shit sucks. I went home during christmas break for a month and I left my RSX with my friends and they watched over it. Parking is outside and the night I got back I saw a line from the front to the rear of my RSX. From driver side door all the way past the gas door. I looked at my friends and they didn't notice it all and thought it was already on there when i showed it to them. How can you not notice that, especially on a Black type S. I was f'n pissed. I don't know who did it but the best I could do was wash the car and use touch up paint until I can afford to get it repainted, the touch up up didn't look all that good but its the best I could do. Good luck with yours.

·
don't know
614 Posts
Quacker: saw that you were going to gary force. do you live in that area?

sorry to whore.........

·
Quack Quack
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I'm in Nashville. I see you're in the area...know of a good body shop?

k20a2racer said:
Quacker: saw that you were going to gary force. do you live in that area?

sorry to whore.........

·
i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
So sorry about your car~!

The only solution it to take it to a pro. In the meantime, please, please, fill up the areas with touch up paint (can be purchased from your Acura or Honda dealer if they make your color, comes in a bottle and some dealers have touch up pens) so the panels don't rust. This is especially important if you aren't able to fix it right away.

·
Premium Member
7,792 Posts
Cost is gonna be pretty steep.
What's a good shop? $250US per panel? It's about $400 CDN.

So figure $250 / panel
1 trunk
2 & 3 quarterpanel
4 & 5 doors
6 & 7 fenders
8 hood

$2000 US? Shitty deal. Comprehensive insurance covers it. And you can sue the guy for the repair costs. I'm not sure how it works there. Sometimes the insurance company handles getting money from the vandal, I think that's how it's done here. Not sure about your system.

·
don't know
614 Posts
Quacker said:
Yeah, I'm in Nashville. I see you're in the area...know of a good body shop?
yeah i had the same shit happened to my car (well it got keyed anyway). the place i had it fixed at is the same place that does all the body and paint rapairs for the mercades (sp) dealers around here. i will try and find out the number tonight when i get home. i know is off of feslers lane (sp) if you know where that is. about 1.5 miles off the exit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.