Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats goin on guys. This morning I got into my 06-S it starts up fine. After I give it gas and let off, the revs drop then bounce up to about 2500rpm and proceed to drop and go up a few times. It stops until I again give it gas. I have a CAI it was raining last night, but i was not driving until after it rained. I do not think I came across any water that would have been sucked up. It sounds almost as if air is leaking somewhere along the exhaust, I may just be paranoid. Maybe my A/F ratio is being screwed up or a sensor was knocked loose?? Help asap please. Sorry if this isnt making much sense I hope theres no water in there!!:confused:

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
You would know if it was water in your engine...it would blow up. When our cars start up cold...the ECU will intentionally rev the RPM's to get the car warmer faster...my only worry is that its usually not to 2500rpm. Have you messed with the exhaust...what are your mods? Then we can try to help diagnose your problem.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You would know if it was water in your engine...it would blow up. When our cars start up cold...the ECU will intentionally rev the RPM's to get the car warmer faster...my only worry is that its usually not to 2500rpm. Have you messed with the exhaust...what are your mods? Then we can try to help diagnose your problem.
:iamwiths:....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just have a CAI and im almost positive it was a vacuum leak..Well anyway this morning I had to take the car to school, and it was acting the same way. On the way home it was acting the same way then once i pulled in my driveway it went away. Now the car is fine. A hose must be loose somewhere. What do you guys think it would be? something connected to the CAI?

G

·
No. It must be at or after the TB. Have you done anything around the manifold recently? Did you happen to crack or damage the plastic tee that goes onto the water pump outlet? That square, grey, inverted-"U"-shaped hose sees manifold vacuum.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not touched anything lately, and the intake was installed months ago. Im going to go and check everything you said now.. This is killing me. As far as it going away it came back when I took it out for a little test drive, then went away. Its soo annoying..

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
cause they'll blame the CAI for increased vibrations in the engine bay area and will void your warranty...jk jk. They tried to do that to me but when I gave them the number of my lawyer they decided to fix my damn problem...

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
When I had a vaccum leak that wasn't even as obvious as yours I got a CEL for it.

U can also ask around the local mechanics if they have a way to test for vaccum leaks.

It will be cheaper and then u can most likely fix it yourself depending.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
put your stock air box back on and take it to acura.

·
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder
3,818 Posts
lol i would have to agree with leonard why worry about it just do warranty thats wat its there for
lol yeah why else pay for the car if no1 is going to service it correctly? i mean fuck, i just made acura rebuilt my tranny, with allll my mods on there. i'm jus pimpin like that son :beerchug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts