Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1st F/I Cammed A3
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys... im gonna post a link to my situation... ill give yall the run down... my car stopped running. the car cranks but did not start. during the month and a half i have replaced the ecu, which ended up being fried, with a 2003 RSX Type-S Ecu and had kpro swapped. i put the battery back in the stock location and swapped batteries with basically a stock one. some of the codes that i got while doing this was a Mother Board Communication Error. which then i put the regular battery back in.

im now getting the flashing immobilizer and i am going to hook up the ecu and disable it and see what that does...

continuity is good, grounds are good, compression is a little low since the engine wasn't warm. i know i am probably forgetting some of the details, which are found in the link... again, i know that some ppl aren't members on ephatch.com so if yall have any questions i will try and answer them. i wasn't sure if i should post here, but a buddy of mine said to since this is a larger board...

here is my lisit of mods: i have the greddy kit, 10 psi, kpro, 650 injectors, Raz F/I cams, type-r lsd, type-s final drive, clutch/flywheel...

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122936

·
1st F/I Cammed A3
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well...today...

i bought another battery... plugged up ecu... disabled the immobilizer... uploaded it... took key out, then back in...then tried to start it... it does the same thing... cranks but not starts... the RPM's were jumping and smelled fuel...but thats about it... any ideas, comment?

·
Registered
135 Posts
well if you smelt fuel then maybe the fuel pressure issue is out. but what about spark? maybe its just something like the coil or pulg wires. if haven't already, check those.

·
1st F/I Cammed A3
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was informed that 2 cylinders weren't sparking... the coil packs are not the problem, because when they switched the packs it was the same 2 cylinders. im gonna try another wiring harness hopefully and see where that gets me... thanks for the input...

Johnny # 5 voice - Need more input...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
hey man im havinbg the same problem... the car wouldnt start, but would crank... it started once and the idle was going up and down up and down, so i turned off the car and tried to start it again but wouldnt...... i have a radiator hose that's cracked, but i have some fluid in my radiator and topped off the drip reservoir (white/transparent).

WTF IS GOING ON???
:(

my life hasent been going good anyways and that happend, i wanna die

·
1st F/I Cammed A3
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i haven't been on here in a long while. been busy workin on the car(s)..hahaha. ur problem sounds a little different than mine... mine was working perfect and then just stopped.... i hope that u figured it out man... i still haven't gotten mine running yet... so i dunno

·
1st F/I Cammed A3
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, it has been 8 months since i have posted in this thread... and almost a year since i have driven my baby.

good news is, the car is running now and the problem turned out to be a crank angle sensor and a cam angle sensor needing to be replaced.

i am picking up the car this friday!! woot woot...

·
Registered
29 Posts
How was there not a code for the two sensors???? i know it might be bacause you never completed the two drive cycles that the car needs to throw out a history code into an active on.....thats why there wasnt no code you were swaping batterys and the car was never able to be driven!!!!! good luck man!!!! happy to hears shes allmost up and ready!!!!

·
1st F/I Cammed A3
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure why there wasn't a code. before it broke down on me, a CEL popped up and i thought it was an o2 sensor, so i turned the car off and of course.... she wouldn't start up again and the code was lost...

but NOW the shop says that there is a code, so i am going to check it out when i go to pick it up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts