Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in order for me to straigh i have to have my wheel cocked to the right, its to the point where the acura symbol points to the 20mph mark If i remember correctly it did do this after I got a alignment. Heres the specs that after the aligntment

Date 12-22-06

Front Left Right
Camber -1.0 -1.1
Caster 2.9 2.6
Toe -0.01 0.00

Rear Left Right
Camber -1.0 -1.1
Toe 0.07 0.07

based on the front I would think the less caster (being on the right) would make the car pull to the right, but it pulls to the left. Now I dont know the relationship between the front alignment and the rear so maybe the rear has something to do with this. Any help?

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
does the wheel turn to the left if you let go? or does it just go to the left when the wheel is straight?

Reactions: BLK04INNC

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:iamwiths: Anything wrong with your tires? Did you adjust your ride height??
not since day one i've put the coilovers on they have been the same I;m going to messure the front and see if they are trutly the same height.. I know they are but double checking

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:iamwiths: Anything wrong with your tires? Did you adjust your ride height??
not since day one i've put the coilovers on they have been the same I;m going to messure the front and see if they are trutly the same height.. I know they are but double checking

Reactions: BLK04INNC

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
it's kinda hard to phrase what i'm trying to ask... does the steering wheel naturally stay to the right now? like if you were cruising at say 35mph would the steering wheel start to turn, or would it stay slightly to the right and the car go straight? or does the wheel naturally go to the straight position? may not be in your suspension, but i don't see why they would have messed with the column/steering wheel if you were just getting an alignment.

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when i'm curising in a straigh line the steering wheel is cocked to the right.

basically in order for me to go straigth i have to have it cocked.... Now if i put the steering wheel at 12oclock while crusing the car will start to wander to the left

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
so if you were cruising in a straight line with the wheel cocked to the right, and you let go of the wheel and just let it do it's own thing, would the wheel stay cocked to the right and the car go straight? or if you let go of the wheel when it's cocked right would the wheel return to 12 o'clock by itself?

·
Registered
41 Posts
your numbers don't show a pull, if anything a wander to the right, sounds to me like you just have a crooked steering wheel where as they didn't level and lock the steering wheel when they adjusted the toe, IF you are having a pull, rotate the tires on the front from side to side, if it pulls in the opposite direction then before, well then you have a "radial pull".

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so if you were cruising in a straight line with the wheel cocked to the right, and you let go of the wheel and just let it do it's own thing, would the wheel stay cocked to the right and the car go straight? or if you let go of the wheel when it's cocked right would the wheel return to 12 o'clock by itself?
i think it just goes straight, have to check it out when i drive it next

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
your numbers don't show a pull, if anything a wander to the right, sounds to me like you just have a crooked steering wheel where as they didn't level and lock the steering wheel when they adjusted the toe, IF you are having a pull, rotate the tires on the front from side to side, if it pulls in the opposite direction then before, well then you have a "radial pull".
yeah, that's what i was getting at... i think the steering wheel is just off.

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
tell them to straighten your shit out or else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.