Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Future C.F.O.
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When someone sits on my passenger side seat, it make a high sqeaking noise like when a sofa gets old. Anyone have this problem?

Also, I live in San Francisco, and the roads are just terrible! I go over uneven pathment and my car ( i think coming from the back side ) makes a sqeaking noise. It sounds like the car's body is making the noise, anyone wanna tackle this question?

G

·
Same here!

I have the same problem, I live in Los Angeles and we also have some bad roads, there's definetely a squeak/rattle noise thats coming from the back, its driving me nutz!!!:mad:

I have checked it extensively, I think its coming from the "hard" carpet-like material (the bedding material on the Hatch floor) thats making a "tapping" like noise when u hit a rough pavement. That thing is not glued or attached to the floor, tap it and u'll see what I mean, I going to take my car to the dealership, maybe they can found out whats really making that annoying rattling sound! It shouldnt happen to a brand new car!!!! Now, Im missing my quiet Toyota Tundra V8 that I have traded to get my RSX and lost a lot of money in the process.:(

·
Future C.F.O.
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O man, sorry to hear that! I had those same rattles in my '98 Civic, but it only started happening a few year later when i bought it. The rattles make my car seem like it has been used or something.

Hm...maybe I should have the dealer check it out too. But I don't want my car driven other than me cuz i persoanlly don't trust a lot of car repairs men and or mechanics. They always tend to want to mess with your car, especially when it's a new car and model.

G

·
Is it coming from the rear hatch? If so, not an uncommon occurence. Sometimes spraying a little white lithim grease on the latch mechanism quiets it right down.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
no..

its the damn seat. My 98' CL does the same thing, its not always there, usually when its colder. Doesnt happen much in the summer. Anyway, I know exactly what you mean. I dont know of any way to fix it beside taking the seat apart ! It does piss me off ! I feel your pain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a similiar problem, for no apparent reason, my dash, passenger seat mounts?, and something behind taillight, have started rattling and squeeking within the past month

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.