Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
always learning
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Club RSX, you've been very helpful in the past and so I'm wondering if you could shoot me some leads, I will list my symptoms:

1. The car shakes/rattles when it's going 40-50mph, it doesn't shake/rattle at any other speed, just around 40-50mph. The tires have been balanced, and the problem has persisted even after getting brand new tires.

2. When the car is being accelerated (forwards or backwards, such as when I feel a bit aggressive or I'm climbing a hill), sometimes it makes a loud (and heart-sinking) CLUNKING noise, it seems to come from below where I'm sitting.

3. I also have that infamous 'clunking' noise when I'm turning the car (intermittently) and just randomly while I'm driving.

The car is almost at 90k miles, and the transmission and engine still run strong, so I'm willing to invest in this car to keep it going =/ Please help me out with any leads, pointers, advice, criticism, I want my car to live a long & fulfilled life! Thank you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Shaking

- does it shake below 40mph?
- Or is it only at or above 40mph?
- does it shake only while accelerating?
- does it shake all the time above 40mph (accelerating or not)

Clunking

- can you make it happen while standing still?
- or will it only happen with a load on the engine?

·
always learning
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shaking

- does it shake below 40mph?
- Or is it only at or above 40mph?
- does it shake only while accelerating?
- does it shake all the time above 40mph (accelerating or not)

Clunking

- can you make it happen while standing still?
- or will it only happen with a load on the engine?
[Shaking]
It doesn't shake below 40mph
It only shakes from 40-50 mph, not over 50mph
It happens most noticeably while accelerating, but it does shake a little while decelerating
It does not shake above 50mph

[Clunking]
The loud terrifying clunking noise will only happen with a load on the engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.