Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first off I bought a beater an 02' RSX-S for work. Changed out the front rotors, brake pads, replaced my 4 bald tires w/ Pirelli P-Zero Nero All Season today, but the car still shakes when brakes is applied. Any ideas or inputs??

Update: The passenger tie rod had a play and this is what caused the shaking when braking was applied. Replaced both outer tie rods on driver and passenger side. Now the car drives awesome. Problem solved.

Mods Please close the thread. Thanks.

·
#MoneyTeam
1,187 Posts
The whole car shakes or just the steering wheel?
i have the same issue, just the steering wheel shakes tho...from what ive read on the forums...this is a common issue that doesnt have a solution?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The whole car shakes or just the steering wheel?
You can feel it in the steering wheel just a little bit, but not much when I brake I can feel the brakes shaking. I checked the outer and inner cv joint boots both driver and passenger, they are good. Ball joints as to where?? the one where the rack and pinion shaft, tie rods, that connects to the suspension? Or the lower control arm where the Axle bearing is at??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the same issue, just the steering wheel shakes tho...from what ive read on the forums...this is a common issue that doesnt have a solution?
If your steering shakes then your ball joints is bad.

·
Registered
83 Posts
also check the direction of the tires if they are not bi-directional. people sometimes installs \them backwards... but the guys above gave u some answers that can make sense

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Check:

1.) Tie rod ends
2.) Ball joints
Where is the ball joint located? Is it by the Knuckles below the axle bearing that connects to the control arm?

-Tie Rods are ok, but will need to be replace soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts