Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2004 RSX Type S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have an 04 RSX Type S, and it has recently started shaking violently while accelerating hard/medium-hard. It is not the sort of shaking you get from the steering wheel, neither is it something that increases with wheel speed, but rather with acceleration %, rpm, and gear. I am currently unaware of the source of this shaking, but I’ve checked all engine/transmission mounts, wheel bearings, tie rods, all suspension bushings, and flushed and refilled the transmission fluid. No difference. I also recently replaced the drivers side axle, but the passenger side hasn’t been replaced, and the inner cv joint has a good bit of play in it. I have a video of the cv and the play it has if you’d like me to send that to you. I really don’t know what else to check and I would love some advice.

The play is a movement/wobble that mainly goes in and out, although there is slight side to side play. Keep in mind this is the passenger side.
Please let me know if you have an idea. Thank you.

· Registered
327 Posts
My guess is that you need to replace the passenger side axle, but probably a good idea to take a look at the half shaft to make sure it's not causing any of the movement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts