Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I wanted to ask the experts here before buying and or using these.

What are your opinions on the Car Squeeges? TurtleWax makes one, and they look like they would be very useful on a well-wax/poished car that has good water-beading. Are the dangers not worth it however?

And, what about tire brushes? I already have some ugly brake dust build up on the front wheels, but am not sure if the wheels have any coating over them that would might come off in using a brush or if it would scratch the wheels.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
For drying a car fast, use "The Original California Water Blade".
It's quicker than towels, won't leave any water marks, and it's fast. I'm willing to bet that the squeeges would leave swirl marks.
I use a combination: Water blade to get the surface water off, bath towels to get whatever is left.

Wheels are clearcoated and that means you can wear it out, but the texture and colour of wheels (and the continual buildup of grime on them) will hide swirl marks, so it's not like you have to worry as much. You should still use a wheel cleaner. I use "Hot Rims, Cool Wheels". This takes off almost any dirt off your wheels. If you have some really stubborn stains you can use a gentle brush to take them out. An old soft bristle toothbrush would probably be more than adequate. If you want to spend more money, they make "detailing brushes" but they are really pretty much the same thing.
Once you are done cleaning and rinsing the wheel, you can dry it with a bath towel.

I have a pretty hard bristled "wheel & tire" brush for cleaning out the wheel wells. It was a pretty cheap brush, and I wouldn't use it on my wheels, but it's great to clean out the mud and crap from the little plastic guards and back of the wheel wells.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
yea yea - what he said ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
yea yea - Im getting old . . .

been terribly busy this week also . . . .

thanks for holding down the fort :thumbsup: :wavey:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys.

Just one more thing: the Turtle Wax brand blade looks very similar to the Cal. Water blade, but without the "T" thing on the end.

Do you think its just as good or does the CWB have that much of an advantage.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
They make an actual blade?
Well, in anycase I have a grudge against Turtle Wax, so I'm probably not the best person to comment on this.

I just don't like the quality of their products in general.

And the T on the end is half the secret of the CWB. It means you have less blade dragging across the surface of your paint. Less touching = less likely to damage.
If you didn't have the T, a larger portion of the blade will be in contact with the surface, resulting in a higher change of streaking or dragging scratches.

Materials also have a lot to do with it. I know the CWB is made from a soft silicon, I'm not sure what the Turtle Wax one is made from.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I use a California Water Blade and an Absorber synthetic chamois. The water blade rocks for big flat surfaces, especially places like windows, the hood, and the sides. I use the chamois to get all the little angular places, like the front bumper/grill. The key with the water blade is to make sure the body panels are fully wet before you squeegee them. After I rinse the last area of my car, I hose the entire car down once more really good to make sure everything is soaked. You need the panels to be wet to lubricate the squeegee. Dry spots will cause the blade to hang up and chatter and increase the chance of scratching. So far, my car is swirl free. Of course I do keep a good coat of Mothers Sealer/Glaze and Carnuba Wax on it. But I give the blade a :thumbsup: . Just watch your technique.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
FrostyBC said:
, I'm not sure what the Turtle Wax one is made from.
were you thinkin . . . . turtle shells ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.