Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I <3 my Honda
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got a black rsx-s. Damn I knew that it was hard to take care of dark colored cars but DAMN! I got some swirls on one side. I Just found out about them while taking pics in a lighted parking lot. Cars only about 4 days old with 2 car washes =]. How can i get my car to look the best. One friend recommended me going to a professional detailer so i dont mess up. But I want to do everything myself. Can someone give me some advice on how to get the spiderwebs and swirls out thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow!
2 years, and I have only very light scratches on my silver rsx. I ONLY do my own washing, and I NEVER brought my car to a car wash.
Anyone on this board will tell you that those are EVIL. :D

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
yOo_JeAn said:
Can someone give me some advice on how to get the spiderwebs and swirls out thanks!
you need Zaino. it will take out 60% of it. search in Car Care forum and ask Homer2 for help

·
will be K20/24 in 07
436 Posts
your in the same exact postion as me i just got a nhb 04 and damn maintaining a clean black is a pain.

·
I <3 my Honda
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to go back to acura in a day or two. Gonna have them remove scratches and the damn swirls. I expect a clean car at first atleast. I didnt even do anything to the car to make swirls myself :0

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Wash car with a Meguairs gold class car soap and dry with California Blade and Meguiars Microfiber towel. Get a 6" orbital buffer with a cotton cloth pad. Use Meguiars Premium paint cleaner and polish each panel in a left to right fashion. Buff off. Follow with meguiars show car glaze in the tan bottle and apply in the same manner with a new/different/clean cotton cloth pad. Buff off. Apply favorite wax with foam pad, carnauba prefferably since it helps to hide swirls and buff off to a nice shine. I use Meguiars yellow wax in the tan bottle. Polishing and waxing applied with orbital buffer available in any auto parts store for 15 or 20 bucks. Do not stay in one spot for a long time, go from left to right and vice versa or up to down or down to up. Have fun.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
dont get me wrong, i like the NHB, but i would hate to have swirls every where, and since im always busy, the car would prolly stay like that for a while, till i wax, this is why i LOVE my SSM, i have barly any worries about swirls,..ok il stop now.....but yea if ur car was born 1-20-04, it seems kinda early to have swirls, if i were u, i would take it to Acura and tell them or even bitch at them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts